First time autopots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time autopots

Hi guys decided to use my 5 gal fabric autopot system finally. Only had it for little over a year. Got my coco mix mixed up few weeks ago. It's a 60/50 mix of coco/perlite and feeding gh trio nutes. Started seeds a few weeks ago as well and it's 4 green Crack and 2 dosidos. Got them transplanted Thursday evening and I also topped for manifolding. They took the transplant and topping combo like Champs. I let them get 5 or 6 nodes before transplant so plenty of leaves. Going to fire up the autopot system in 10 to 14 days. Wish me luck everyone.
    Attached Files
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Good luck! What’s the autopot system?

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      An irrigation system that works off float valves and gravity.

Finally got auto pots hooked up properly today. For almost a week I was hand watering in each pot. Growing slower than I wanted but still looks good. Going to flip to flower in October ish.
    Attached Files

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Cloud, your plants are looking awesome.

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks glad system is working so far.

Gonna flip these ladies to flower in 5-7 days and get more training in. I mainifolded 5 of them but one grew mutated and stunted so only got topped. One of them is also taller but should work out OK I have a lot of different size leds.

so far I'm liking the hands off watering and have more time to be lazy and get stoned. I slacked a lot with lst while manifolding but looks good so far.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Very impressive Cloud you really have dialed into this system.

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      For my first time it's going great ty ☺

Damn those look good! I've been considering the auto pot system for a while now.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Got such good growth in less than two weeks. Their about a month old at this point but only in autopots for 12 days or so.

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats pretty good growth for only 12 days.

To clarify, you are growing in coco/perlite not soil correct? I am interested to see how this method turns out. It looks like a DTW system with out the W. Which brings up the issue of nutrient salts building up in the pot which is why we always use the W and ensure runoff. Do you ever drain the auto pot tray at the bottom or flush the pots? Any sign of excessive TDS in the bottom tray or mineral crystals forming on the outside of the pots?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      60% coco 50% perlite and using gh trio. As far as salt build up its suppose to rise to the top of the medium and be harmless. So far no salt build up on pots and trays don't have any either. Water in tray does look a bit funky but I have yet to clean them. Weekly cleanings of trays will be required going forward. One reason I got autopots so I didn't have to deal with runoff. I have nowhere to dump it. Stopped doing dwc because of same issues.

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Good growing to you. Please keep this updated.

hey. i was given a 4 pot autopot system a couple of chritmas ago. i typically grow in homemade super soil, but this looks so cool I am about to try this winter too. hope ok if i keep checking in to see how it goes for you. no obligation at all , but a couple of questions if you get a chance- are you using air domes ? are you mixing the solution occasionally in the tank somehow? What size reservoir are you using - and will be interested in how often you end up filling as it goes on? how high do you have the reservoir mounted? Good luck, and they look awesome!
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      They are in fabric pots no air dome. I have a airstone mixing currently but gonna start mixing with a stick once per day. I got the 30 gal reservoir and so far no salt build up. I top it off so far about 5 to 7 days and it's about a foot off the floor. time to update the thread again. Thanks for the kind words.

hiya cloud i have used autopots in the past my experince with them with was the ph in the tank was okay but when tested water in the tray where the vale sits the ph was way out and it was beyon my knowledge to correct it.

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't checked ph in trays but so far plants look great.

Flipped these girls to flower 5 days ago. 1 dosoidos is wat taller than the rest. Gonna need to get in there and supercrop or lst. Next time gonna do all the same strain.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes happens every time with my grows cause i get different strains growing together. Those i have to super crop also Cloud. Your grow looks great

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely beautiful ladies. Hey, no pressure, but your grow will be tantamount in my critical life decision - is my autopot system to be used or gifted.
      The extra work in keeping multi strains gets rewarded by a selection of tastes and effects. for me. always worth it. cant wait to ee how they go now. Just finished curing a do-si-dos = What a treat! I'm envious

That Dosido is really shooting up! I've had this issue a few times when growing different strains together.
    Last edited by PLreef; 10-03-2021, 08:56 PM. Reason: Learning how to use letters correctly
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Quick update been super busy. This pic is little over 2 weeks since flip to flower. Mostly going good. Ph hasn't been an issue. Other than topping of rez and checking ph I haven't done a thing. I did let system dry out few days ago 😬. Got droopy but looking ok again.

Comment

The ones in the foreground look amazing. What's going on in the back? Are they finishing up?
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea they are organic soil and went on vacation and helper watered bad but they still look really good. Washed all my nitrogen away. Had to feed fish shit all through flower. Week 9 flower tomorrow and debating on when to chop.

PLreef Pic of a bud from a week ago from the super faded plants in the last Pic.

Comment

I also forgot to tell you guys they will be moved soon into a 5x5 tent in my house for the winter. Just waiting on my shed grow to finish flowering. Maybe I'll actually put in insulation this year.

Comment

3 weeks since the flip and finally got these girls moved into the 5x5 tent. I also did a decent lollipop job. Filled a whole 5 gal bucket. I am seeing some yellowing leaves. I think its cause of my lazy rez maintenance and I let ph stay to long at 6.0. Other than that chugging right along. Might throw a trellis over it tomorrow to help spread out branches. But I like the idea of flushing if needed and trellis won't allow that.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Cloud
              Cloud commented
              Editing a comment
              Also getting some bad tip burn. Need to cut back on the nutes even more. I'm using gh trio coco coir feeding schedule from growweedeasy site btw.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X