Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only grew two female clones, but still got seeds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only grew two female clones, but still got seeds.

8 weeks into flower and I see the first seed, even though I had no males ever. Not a total loss, still got lots of flower, my question is, when should I harvest them?

Was going to wait until trichomes start turning amber, but some areas where seeds have matured, look to be dying, which makes sense. They're really frosty, but no amber anywhere. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.
    Last edited by 68Goat; 08-26-2021, 05:30 PM.

If you don't wait till they start to amber you may be disappointed with the results, I'd say if trying to harvest as soon as you can wait at least until all trichomes are cloudy. As for seeds a light leak or stress can easily cause a plant to hermi.

Comment

Really not an issue as I see it. The seeds are there no matter what so just finish the plant as you like and collect them as you crumble or grind for smoke. Free seeds are always a good thing and you know exactly what you will grow with them. If you like you can start cross breeding in the strain with father/daughter, mother/son, brother/sister then pick your best pheno which is reinforced genetically so stable if continued. Of course if you are just in it for supply, none of this matters to you so keep buying seeds. It's no more work either way as you are still caring for plants just the same however you can really be in charge; just keep careful records or you will be completely lost. Did I mention FREE SEEDS!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Start here
        Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

It's a lot of work but one could remove the ripe seed and dry bits.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X