cool tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool tubes

Hi, new on here full of questions.. I grow up the loft, insulated and sheeted. I got myself some cool tubes and with advice, set up a pipe from the out side. through a fan, pushing the air through the tubes then outside. problem is even with one light out (I have 3, 600w hps) with this, hot weather we are getting, in scotland, it's still going up to 32c. bit hot. I don't put my lights on till 9pm and of at 9am, trying to keep to the cooler times. my questions are, is this the best way and how powerful should my fan be... thanks.

To clarify, the air is being pulled in from the outside, going through the lights and then straight back outside? If I have that right, are you venting the actual grow space in another way? I would pull the air from your grow space (not from outside) through the light tubes and then outside so you are also venting your grow space as well as pulling away heat from the lights. You are at a disadvantage growing in a loft because all of the heat from the house is up there to start with. You should be fine in winter but in a hot summer it will be a problem. Venting the grow room outside means you will also pull some of the rising heat of your home out with it, potentially cooling your house a little bit in the process.

Regarding the necessary strength of your fan, there is a calculation on GWE somewhere that will help you determine the CFM necessary for your space, although make certain you factor in any corners in the vent pipe and the charcoal filter (if you are using one) as these impact the efficiency of your vent fan.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X