Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the beef (resin)???

Hey folks!

Some of you may have read about some of my rough beginners-bad-luck with my 'bonus-seeds-unfem' nightmare? Well, I took my seeds from my pollinated, ruined Thai Stick plant and managed to finally raise a beautiful, strong female! I took 3 clones. NOW that I have a female, it sure is easy to tell the difference in the sexes.

However, I have had her in flower set since August 1st and while it's flowering nicely, I don't see much signs of resin beads yet. Is this normal for this strain, Thai Stick? It has another 6-8 weeks to go and I sure hope these flowers get fatter but "where's the resin?"

Thanks,

Lady Goldfish

resin production for me usually starts week 4 of flower. Also transition to flower can take up to 2 weeks for some strains. They will start bulking up soon and producing more trichomes.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Also looks like it has a bit of a nitrogen toxicity. Not a big issue just reduce nitrogen nutes a bit.

• ladygoldfish
      ladygoldfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you describe what it is that makes you suspect nitrogen tox? I just moved her to this tent because I couldn't get my closet grow room's temp under 84-88 degrees. I had a fan on it too high as well, giving it a bit of windburn. However, if the curled ends and dry leaves aren't heat or windburn, how do I adjust the nitrogen? I am DWC and using General Hydroponics formula (for cannabis) and fish tank water with the PH about 5 1/2-6.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Leaves are really dark and clawing down.

I also found in hydro they grow so fast they get flipped to flower before they can mature enough for flower and makes transition take longer. My current grow which is clones and a few from seed was Flipped 8 days ago and already got bud formation but they had 2 months veg.
    Attached Files
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• ladygoldfish
      ladygoldfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Really? I have always been a DWC grower but felt they grew slower than soil, possibly. It's best for me because I tend to under or over-water. I have a hard time with gnats here, so soil is always a nightmare. Another thing I like is that I rarely have to worry about humidity either.

I see a few trichs on that first pic. Just like sexing, spotting them comes with experience.

Some strains never make trichomes and still knock your socks off.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• ladygoldfish
      ladygoldfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this Thai Stick strain might be one of them. The female that got pollinated didn't have much resin at all, whatsoever but still had a bit of a buzz to her and a small clone taken early from her was pretty good. However, this is a fresh seed and the plant was very little when removed, away from offending males. It should be what it should be. Hopefully, very good!

I wanted to update that you all were correct. In less than a week the resin became more pronounced and I started getting amber pistols.

Unfortunately, at week 6 of flowering, I must have given her something she didn't like... I moved her to the next feeding formula in ph balanced fish tank water (this one was raised with fish water) and in less than 12 hours, it is showing extreme stress with drooping and curling leaves. I have never run into this issue before, however, I drained the tank and replaced it with the feeding formula in ph balanced tap water before it had been a total of 12 hours. I defoliated much of the very bad leaves and I've noticed the pistols are almost 30-40% amber. It really looks ready for flushing but it has 4 more weeks to flower. I'll probably flush in 2 weeks if it makes it that long... I am eager to get it's clones into the tent, but this is the first "pure" female Thai Stick plant I've been able to raise in over a year of attempts (kept raising males). I want this one to be perfect.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X