Help Root rot or root stain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Root rot or root stain ?

Did my usual morning check to discover possible root rot or staining, the plant looks healthy and that color has been like that since I started nutes I believe it's getting good oxygen because the water pops good, the water temp is 68 degress, ph is 6.8 and ec is 1.85 yesterday I increased my nutes from 1/3 rd strength to 1/2 strength using fox farm trio for hydroponics the roots don't feel like slime and the reservoir and roots don't smell funky I smelled the top part of the plant and it has a weak garlic onion type smell. is that the plant just getting its smell finally? I do have cal mag and hydroguard in the reservoir it also appears to be growing quiclky now any help or response would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance
    Attached Files

I'm unfamiliar with Fox Farm nutrients so can't say for sure if your solution should be cloudy but I have never seen any of my look like that. In second pic the build up above the solution level looks like remnants from roots rotting where parts of the roots break off float around and collect on the sides of tote. In 1st and last pics it looks like you do have some slime on the roots but you also have fresh young white roots growing if this was my grow I'd pump out the solution wipe out the slime ring around inside of tote using clean dry rag to avoid adding any that would affect a nutrient solution make up then fill with a fresh nutrient solution.

Comment

The roots didn't turn that color until I started adding
      nutes about 3 weeks ago and I just did a res change yesterday, the roots didn't feel like slime though I'll get some nute water ready just in case though, id rather be safe than sorry thanks for the advice and for the reply I appreciate it

Comment

• Poppa
        Poppa commented
        Editing a comment
        Question in first and in last photo (clearer in last) when blown up you can see some black string type thing what is that? It also take awhile than 3 weeks for my roots to change from creamy or milky white to the tan/lt. brown color from nutrient staining. Are you doing weekly nutrient solution changes?
        Last edited by Poppa; 08-21-2021, 04:47 PM.

Lmao a piece of beard hair slid in there 🤣 doing every 2 weeks now my first res change was around 2 and a half weeks I've been researching and if viable I saw I could cut the bad but looking at it I don't have that option, I'm just not sure how I got rot, the water temp is good and I don't have light leaking I check my specs daily I also wonder if that smell is the rock wool I used to start it

Comment

The brown is the color of one of the nutes, it's the big bloom one and I do have the hydroponic version, some of the stuff settles and the water clears up my EC is 1.510, my PPM is 0759, my PH is 6.89 here's a after a water change and what it looks like after it settles
        Attached Files

Comment

• Bigbrotherhykiem
          Bigbrotherhykiem commented
          Editing a comment
          Well stay tuned because it's gonna be a funky ride all puns intended lol this is her 3 days ago and today any tips would be appreciated I feel like she's growing to slow its supposed to be a 90 day seed to harvest but clearly She has other plans do si do auto from 00 seeds

3 days ago and today
        Attached Files

Comment

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks pretty good to me. I don't see anywhere that you have the plant age or if auto or photo.
          I do coco so I don't see my roots until harvest. I just have to watch leaves and buds and try to prevent rather than react to problems.

• Bigbrotherhykiem
          Editing a comment
          Thanks it's a do si do fem auto depending when it's considered to be in veg state she's between 3 to 4 weeks about 5 inches tall now

One word: Hydroguard. I tried it and it works like a charm! Not only did it clear up the root problem but encouraged more to grow.

Comment

• Bigbrotherhykiem
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I got the max strength in there with that and cal mag

My do si do today and 2 weeks ago
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X