I'm curse with a heatwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curse with a heatwave

Putain !! Got all my pots ready to receive my auto girls for my AutoBuck project but now they are again forecasting another heatwave for this week and next week. I'm doing something stupid, keeping my pots partially moist.

The curse is getting to me.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Did you do a test to see how hot it gets with all your lights on? Just curious.

I transplanted Wild Thai on Monday, I think, still looking droopy. Any guess on how long before she rebounds or dies? Is it better to paper-towel germ a new sativa seed then put it into soil, or seed directly into soil?

A WW fast photo seed popped soil today. I had another in a paper towel, forgetting that I had one in a shot glass. I now have two more WW fasts to drop into soil, after I get bags ready. I might be growing 3 of those and one WT, who knows? IF I have to start WT over do you think it could grow OK in a full 3 gal bag? I don't care if I don't get a huge yield, I just need a little. It's for severe breakthrough pain and I can't buy it anymore but I baby it when I have it.

Also, how long can seeds with tails stay in the paper towel/Ziploc? I don't think I'm good for much today, hoping to rest up to get work done tmrw. Thanks!
    Last edited by Puglover1; 08-19-2021, 04:32 PM. Reason: added info
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Puglover1 can you show us a pic or two of your WT. Me, I always soak my beans in a distilled water for at least 18hrs before putting them in a paper towel for germination but that's me. Sure why not, 3 gal should be ok but it wont grow into big Sativa madame. I tried in early spring 3 WW autos but they did not survive the cold nites and the critters loll

Yep I did a test in the "grow room " with the 3 QB lights on and damn it got really hot inside after 2 hrs, it was 22C without the lights on and I can say after a hour the damn room was around 27C so I say too hot for now.

Here you go. I'm using Coast of Maine Stonington Blend. I also bought their organic potting soil. When I filled the bag with SB I pushed an ice bucket into the middle then watered. When that was removed the next day that open space was filled with 6 cups of CoM potting soil. I sprinkled some myco blend on the roots before transplanting. I removed the plastic around the cc starter. I watered around the transplant, I spray the top of the whole bag with dechlorinated Ph'd water. The bag is still moist, damp not dry. I didn't want to encourage roots into the hotter soil right away, it's a bigger, deeper bag. The WW fast seed that broke ground today was done in the same manner, regarding the soils. The WT bag was in the darker corner where the WW is, at first. Temps ~75F with lights on, RH: 50's. Doors stay closed, frozen bottles of water on the hottest part of days keep the temps under 80 where the autos sit. Measured light distances are in suggested range for each pot. Light is at 70-75%.

I still need to finish cleaning and placing fans/rewiring the closet. When I bag up the next two WW seeds I'll cut and run with those two autos, might as well let them suck up the light while it's running. They were flushed last watering.

WT: I tried to avoid roots into 'hot' soil. I removed ugly lower fan leaves before tx. I'm adding pics of what it looked like earlier this month and last week. If I'd had help sooner hanging the new light WT would've been in the bag a week today.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I know nothing more.

Farmbuck I was just reading an article, with pics, of life in Afghanistan in the 1960's. There were three videos on the webpage showing the US trying to teach them how to fight the Taliban. Serviceman sitting right next to a small weed tree, you could probably name the strain.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Bonjour Puglover1 could you please send me the link of the videos ? I would like to see if the strain is a Mazar-I-Sharif. My last grow with a Afghani strain was a Mazar Kush from WOS. A cross between a Afghan Kush and a Mazar I Sharif. A small plant but pack with THC, a pure indica Pug.

Here a little link from my favorite breeder Ace Seeds, they have a good selection : https://www.aceseeds.org/en/catalogs...&q=AFGHANISTAN

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck This is the page; the bottom 1/4th has three Vice videos. Not sure if the tree was in the 1st vid but in the 3rd one a US serviceman walked past a few trees, tore off a cola and stuck it in a chest pocket on his vest. The first tree I saw was right behind them as they were sitting down speaking. Easier to view, on screen longer. https://allthatsinteresting.com/1960...zkP7cOKBRMo#47

Hello Farmbuck we be cooling it down here overcast low 70s. I'm doing about the same, watching my outdoor grow zzzzzzzzz enjoying the cooler weather for now. Careful now you may grow some fungus in those " waiting to drop seeds into moist soil pots" hey mushroomies
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks SoOrbudgal for your good advice. I won't spray from now on. I'm looking at the the beginning of September and it looks promising for a cooler for the first week, A nice 23C during the day and 10C during the night !!

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Morning SoOrbudgal, I have noted the changes to your signature lines. I found the soil info helpful as my new direction will be similar coco/perlite with castings, guano, crab and oyster shell. As this will be a fresh mix, I have 3-4 weeks for it to cook with watering and drying over that time before the seedlings hit it. This will be an auto grow of 3 x Maui in 5 gal fabric I will dig out an area in the middle about twice the size of a solo cup to fill with plain coco as my seed starter to avoid transplant. Then supplement with a compost tea with additional castings and unsulfered molasses around weeks 3, 6, 9 more or less as needed. My space is 30" x 48" x 60" so I will do some minor topping, manifold and lst. That's my basic plan but is open to suggestions please! Thank You! I do appreciate your acquired wisdom and insights into soil creation and feeding with teas!
      Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 08-21-2021, 07:15 AM.

Thank you for the compliments TOKABIGONE i took what i've learned from this site and just mixed it up for what works for me. Keeping them as healthy as i can thanks to learning from many great growers finding the " groove " is different for all. Go forward with confidence, do what works for you Everything you've mentioned sounds like a great start. I wish you well, i'll be watching
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This heat wave of your seems to be never ending. The idea of a heat wave in Canada baffles me. I've always pictured you guys in heavy fur lined jackets year round up there! J/k! Lol 🤪 Sorry to hear it my friend. Hopefully it dies down enough so project AutoBuck can get some momentum.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Call it climat change or whatever but here is not normal where I live. I remember when I was young we use to have hot days for 2 wks during July but we did not call it heat wave. Now it's more frequent and much longer now. Yesterday we broke a record for August 22 in the Capital a hot day of 93F excluding the humidity. Try 108F with the humidity loll. Again they are forecasting another heat wave this week until the weekend. The Air Con is running overtime this summer.

What's funny is here is hotter than the place I go for winter down in the Yucatan. Go figure eh ??

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X