Can females grow seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can females grow seeds

I think my female hermie'd I'm an outdoor grower. Can anyone confirm? The little pods do have a single seed in them.

Couple reasons i know of for seeds is stressful enviornment but most like pollen from a male that was not removed in time. Or it's a genetic thing.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Marsberries
      Marsberries commented
      Editing a comment
      Last years quality was 8/10 from regular smokers, I'm hoping this is as good. Ty for your input. It's hard getting seeds so I'll save these.

You can also plant the seeds that any fems produce so it’s not all bad

Comment

• Marsberries
      Marsberries commented
      Editing a comment
      Ty I will save them for next years. They are very sticky!

Beware of neighbors with outdoor plants. Even hemp pollen can cause your girls to grow seeds if you're downwind.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I get them inside occasionally. I even found a fully mature seed in a auto once. Chalk it up to Mother Nature trying to correct herself. Like MM said, grow them out because they’ll be feminized

Comment

They'll be feminized IF the father was a mother (girl), if the father was a boy the seed will be 50/50. Pollen has been known to travel 2000 miles to find its target.
        I would do some research in your hood and see if you can find another grower near by that may need help getting rid of a male/hermie. (or maybe they make seeds)

Comment

I have a large rec. grow maybe 400 yards from my place this summer. I'm sweating it but i won't stop growing them even if they get pollinated ( i really hope not ) i really need this harvest.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
            UndergroundFarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            I can send you some regular seeds so you can do a little revenge pollination if necessary.

LOL UndergroundFarmer no thanks i do have some bag seeds if i wanted to but no pollen and i'm telling them nightly to " reject the male advances if they come a knock in " we don't want no preggies.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

So what's so bad about seeds? I've grown regs out for seed and have thousands now with more on the way when projects Murcott and Deuxberry get the chop. Of course, the only good smoke came from Skunk #1 because I let them finish before I harvested and there's not a lot of it left after the seeds are taken out. But with seeds to burn, you can start them by the score, keep the nicest female as a mother and clone her until you're sick of that strain. You can do that for years until you need to make more seed. You don't have to keep buying seeds and if you do, you're not paying those seed companies $10 a bean for the intrinsic value of the seed - it's that much a pop for their genetics.
            Coconut Grove
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
            32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
            Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh i'm all for folks who want to make seeds i've never wanted to on purpose. It's been accidental pollination, i just don't want seeded weed i've had plenty of it. Yes skunks are great for breeding which is where most of my gifted seeds have come from. It's just a direction i'm not wanting to get into, seed making.

• UndergroundFarmer
              UndergroundFarmer commented
              Editing a comment
              I was high and opinionated when I wrote all that! The tone doesn't sound that great the second time around. Sorry 'bout that. I was a bit overtaken by the concept of turning a half-dozen seeds into thousands so easily.

(also Purple Haze)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X