Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New grower looking on input how I did defoliating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower looking on input how I did defoliating.

What's up guys and gals,

just wanna say say how glad I am joining this forum everyone on here is awesome at giving advice and stuff.

I went ahead and did some trimming to focus on my bud sites as I lost a branch earlier on being to hard on it ( newbie mistake) haha. Let me know what you guys think. Gonna do a flush and start giving her nutrients as I haven't gave much so far. Thanks

Nice looking hair cut....she was getting so dense with foliage before! 🌿 Hope you get a great reward from this grow! 😊
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Thank you yeah I have nursed this poor plant back to health I hope everything works out thanks for your input!!

Comment

Very nice looking plant! Do you plan on bending the tallest stems over (Low Stress Training) and securing them to help the plant grow more flat? It looks like you've already topped the plant and have multiple bud sites, which is great! I only say anything because you've developed a great base that would be perfect for bending/training for even more bud sites.
        Why do you want to flush? Your plant looks healthy in the pics to me Can't wait to see more as it grows!

Comment

• One.love4:20
          One.love4:20 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought about bending them over I was wanting to switch to flower in another few weeks wasn't sure how much growth it would give me. I have four nice tops from previous topping. And I have been bending them out a little bit. I've noticed on some leaves they were lighter green not sure what the ph at the roots is so I thought a flush would be a good reset then I can add nutrients

If possible I'd definitely get a pH kit, just because the pH being off is one of the most common reasons growers see nutrient deficiencies. Even if all the nutrients are "there" in the soil, the plant can't absorb them properly if the pH is too high or too low near the roots.

Could you post a picture of the plant in the setup under natural light so we can see the yellowing? If the plant is slowly getting yellow all over (looks lime green) without other symptoms, that could be a sign it just needs higher levels of nutrients overall. If it's getting yellowing on only specific places, or other symptoms like spots, it could be a few different things including a nutrient deficiency or even just a touch of light burn from keeping the HPS too close Being able to see the leaves in full color and see where the yellowing is on the plant make a big difference when it comes to figuring out the cause of the problem

Comment

Editing a comment
          So I took some more pictures trying to upload them here but it wouldn't let me I will upload when I can. I use the droplet method and my ph going in today was about 6.0 little bit above and when I checked the ph runoff and it was 7.0!!! I think that's why it's not absorbing stuff need to get it down.

Comment

Editing a comment
          Just noticed two tops leaves look like they have gold flake on it

Comment

They look good overall! They do look a touch dark, so you might consider pulling back the overall levels of nutrients just a tad. They get dark when there's too much nitrogen, which can also cause the leaves to curl/claw at the end.

If those are the only yellow spots you see I wouldn't worry too much. If you see them spreading you might consider getting a Cal-Mag supplement (like CaliMagic) because it looks a bit like a magnesium deficiency. It's also possible the magnesium is there but your pH is off so the plant isn't able to absorb it. Another factor is the overabundance of nitrogen might be triggering a magnesium deficiency.

The only other thing I can see is they look a tiny bit droopy, which could be the result of watering the plant too often, or the growing medium is taking too long to dry out.

But those are little things, overall your plants look green and beautiful!

Comment

Editing a comment
            I recently checked my root ph and it was 7 and I've read the post on here about problems with plants and maybe could be a boron deficiency I think the ph at the roots. I haven't gave it barely any nutrients just what's in the soil and one time about a month ago. I water about every 2 days or three.

I'm glad I joined this forum and got a chance to get some other people opionions and I'll be looking forward for you guys to see the finish product on my first grow first plant ever 😀😀

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like you're exactly on track!

Here's a update after defoliation and a few waters. I feel like I have got the ph in check. Going to post new pictures every week or so!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great, Onelove!! If you just train those main stems a little bit--so as they grow in the flower stretch there will be more room between each cola (better air circulation), I think you would be happy with the results. I drilled holes in the side of my pot, and that's where I tie things down.

Got the ph fixed at the roots. It was at like 5 so brought that up and the plant is growing very nicely. After defoliating it's been about a week it has tons of new growth.

Comment

Here is a update about to trim up a little bit more then going to switch in a couple days to flower and see how she does wish me luck. Some leaves have a little dis colorization probably just a ph issue trying to dial it in maybe a iron deficiency. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

Developing nicely! The plant looks just a tiny bit droopy (did you take the pictures right before the lights went off?), but other than that it looks great!

Comment

Yes I did about a hour before. And I have started feeding it more nutrients and have placed a few bowls of water to help with humidity it's really low here so I'm struggling keeping it at about 45 50. But since I have done that the leaves have straightened out nicely.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's great!

So nebula I went on a three day trip and came back and she revealed herself to be a he. Unfortunately It was a rescue from my buddy so there was always a chance but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. Time to start over haha

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  :-{ Had it happen to me on the last grow...

Originally posted by One.love4:20 View Post
                So nebula I went on a three day trip and came back and she revealed herself to be a he. Unfortunately It was a rescue from my buddy so there was always a chance but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. Time to start over haha
                Oh no! I've been there done that! All the time and effort! At least you now know more for the next grow.
                Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X