Tap vs Filtered water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tap vs Filtered water

Which is the best water to use when adding fertilizers to cannabis? Tap water or filtered water, does it matter to the pH too?

Tap water can contain chlorine or chloramine, both can be killed with acid such as lemon juice, then let it set for 12 hours to stabilize, then PH it (and let it set again)
    What is the filter, RO water has not much left in it.

Comment

"tap water" What's the source? Well water, distributed water?
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I myself consider "tap water" to be from a commercial source.

Tap water is not universal. Filtered can be interpreted in different ways. It all depends on the chemistry of the water. You can include well water in this discussion. If Using tap water, a report should be available from the supplier. If from a well, there should be a report from when the well was drilled. If not they are not expensive to have done. If using tap water, you want to remove chlorine- let sit for 24 hours. Then check TDS or sometimes called EC and calcium levels (from report). The rest, if it is safe to drink it is probably safe for your plants. If you are using RO water there will be practically nothing in it, close to distilled. Then you may need extra cal mag. Check TDS and ph after nutrients have been added. Adjust if needed.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Just a heads up while I was at Home Depot earlier this week I noticed they once again had a display of free water test kits that you mail in for testing of your homes water quality.

Comment

We drink from the tap where I live, in the summer it has extra chlorine because of the heat, the filtered water I often drink comes from the Britta filter, it tastes better. The pH of the tap water is 7-7.2 and of the filtered water is 6.7-6.8. My plants live in big pots outdoors with peat and perlite in them. They are still vegetating (3 feet tall) so I give them NPK once a week or so. My question is: does the type of water affect the fertilizer (and plant) in some way. I have read that filtered water strips tap water of some essential minerals.

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy SimonPi, I have been using the city tap water (chloramine as well as other dissolved solids in it) for all of my grows (DWC hydroponic) and I have not had any problems due to the water. Any water, whether tap, filtered,RO, or distilled, will require pH adjustment either before or after adding the nutriments and or supplements. Soil requires a different pH than Hydroponic or Coco, and (depending on the type of nutriments used) will require different pH adjustments. As far as whether the treated water is safe for the plants or not, if it does not harm Your yard's grass and house plants, then it will not harm Your weed.

Tap water is water, you can drink it, so can your plants.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X