Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Newbie here

Hello, I’m Andrew from Massachusetts’s and this is my first grow. ZkittleZ strain. I got seeds at seedbank.com and out of 5 seeds I’ve germinated 3 perfectly without any dying. Saving 2 for rainy day. This is my first seed which was a test run. So far so good using fox farms soil schedule with the trio and brembe and cha Ching and calmag. Planted in ocean fox farm soil. Auto drip water 16oz every 2 days seems perfect with two feedings per week with a flush after veg, and again before harvest. I’m starting week 5 since the lights went 12/12. I sprayed with a light mist neem oil just before lights came on and found that it singed pistols. The next night I sprayed them really heavy with warm water to get that nasty neem out. Never do that again!!! Any way nice to meet all of you. Thanks for having me.

Welcome I think you learned your lesson with Neem during flowering. Good luck

Comment

I don't spray my plants unless they need it.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Has anyone smoked buds with neem oil sprayed on them.
        1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
        1 sf2000 @200 watts
        2 philzon @230 watts
        2x4x5 tent
        3x6x8 closet
        Fox Farm ocean forest
        Black gold for seedling
        3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
        RH 40-60
        Temp 70-80
        Feeding with FF trio with molasses
        calmag and a little flower fuel
        Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          One of our members here has and he got super sick from it. That was enough for me to get rid of the bottle I had.

Neem oil is NOT safe to smoke, be safe, some folks are highly allergic to it.

Comment

Welcome Andrew! I'm in the first state south of you. Glad to see another New Englander on here. Looks like you got some healthy girls growing.
          Be super careful with neem. Definitely not something you want to put on during flower.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I did lightly mist with neem oil mix. It was half of what bottle directions said. I also pulled the scrog and showered my buds with really warm water mixed with a drop of dish soap to cut oil. I showered those buds really good and I was happy to smell the weed again without that nasty neem smell. Only spray oil on soil from now on. Lol I hope It didn’t totally destroy my test plant. My next run is already sprouted and will be much better I promise lol

Comment

Welcome Andrew. For a first grow, you are doing quite well. I have grown Zkittlez before and it is a very easy grow and quite forgiving. I find that the bud is very good but quite energizing and makes a good daytime smoke. I would use caution dealing with nutes, additives and treatments. Less is often more and I never use something like neem oil unless I have an overriding need too. Congratulations on your first grow. You must have done some reading (which puts you two steps ahead of most new growers), it certainly is better than my first grow.
              Current Grow: 1 GG4, 2 Hot Cakes, 1 Sweet Gelato Autos
              3 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Great first grow. I am a soil grower in MA as well (Berkshire County). Did you have some mites or something that made you want to spray the flowers w/ neem?

Comment

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Depending on where in the county your at I'm probably around an hour or so away from you.

• billyboy
                  billyboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  North County - near Jiminy Peak

I had/have fungus gnats. I was spraying soil for a week or so and one night I decided to spray up the trunk and then a few squirts around top of plant which was my mistake. Ive now topped soil with diatomaceous earth with neem mix spraying soil beforehand. I have to add DE every water cuz it’s kinda clumpy. Anyway the gnats are almost gone now with yellow sticky traps getting adults while DE kills the babies. Lesson learned and hopefully remedied.
                im not noticing any mute burn at all and I went a little heavier two days ago than normal. Week six starting tomorrow so I’m not sure when to start water only flushing.??

Comment

• billyboy
                  billyboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  post a pic - Do you have a lupe or a USB microscope?

Yes I have a microscope but it’s not digital. It’s the kind in schools like 20 years ago. Lol I did take some pics close as possible with my iPhone.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would not start flush yet. I bet you got 3wks to go at least. You want to see all white hairs curly rusty orange. Keep doing what your doing.

Ok 2-3 weeks would be exactly what the strain flower period is supposed to be. Yay took a couple more pics to look at. What it looks like under the scope is let’s say 30 trichs in view, 2-3 are amber, like 60% milky, 35% clear.
                Attached Files

Comment

Took pic thru the scope with phone. Lmao had no idea that it would work as good as it did.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great pic MrMumblez FYI just look mostly at the trichs on the bud itself, watch those white hairs get brown dry an curl inwards. When you see all milky it's good but if you allow ( in my view ) to wait for amber mixed in with milky that's when i chop an hang.

So the gnats are completely gone! The DE and water onky every 2 days fixed it. Yay but I e got some new spots showing. Anything to worry about? They are still growing healthy white pistols and stacking up.

Comment

Massive heat wave lots of rain last two weeks. My intake was taking air from outside and I got a little septoria yellow leaf spot. I’m spraying h2o2 every two days and removing infected leaves slowly. Buds still healthy and stacking. Mmmmm yummy. I picked up EM-1 and mixed in sprayer w/water will spray tonite to help battle fungi.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X