Autoflower training advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Autoflower training advice

I need some pointers on effectively training my autos. I have 12 white widow autos here. The main one in question is the plant shown in picture #1. It seems too congested and there are so many fan leaves its hard to distinguish one thing from another. Ultimately I would like to try to implement the SCROG method, but i'm having issues understanding it completely. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
    (This is my first grow BTW)
    Last edited by ProFinesse; 08-11-2021, 03:10 AM.

You should check out bboyfromwayback hes got some really good methods dont know how to link his posts

Comment

My experience autos don’t like to be messed with. I’ve seen some growers perform manifolds on a auto but I wouldn’t try it myself. I tried to ScrOG one once but they get too hard too fast. I’ve had my best luck inside just by spreading the plant out as much as possible as it grows to keep the bud sites as exposed as possible and remove the big fan leaves to help. Just don’t remove too many. All your girls look healthy 👍🏻

Autos are cute and they’ll provide some smoke but if you’re looking at growing long term and you want to try different techniques, grow photos after this round. You can do so much more with them and after growing a plant a few months with all the work/electricity you won’t be looking at the scale going ‘WTF!!! That’s all I got????’

For simple training I use close hangers at first. Old metal ones cut the same length as the pot (if they’re too short the plant will lift them up) use them to pin your stems/colas down so they grow out. Once they reach the edge of the pot I use safety pins and plant ties. Safety pins are great on cloth pots because you can put them anywhere as a anchor to attach the plant tie to. I’ve used boards lately to provide a even wider anchor point with great success
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 08-11-2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

If this is your first grow just let them grow naturally and learn how they grow. Once you get a better understanding of them (autos) then start messing with them. Autos are pretty finicky. One little slip up and you'll stunt them. Not trying to be rude but I've seen it a 100 times (and done it myself) when a newbie grower messes with them and opens up a shit load of problems. Then in 2 weeks we see post saying " what's wrong with my auto". Just my 2 cents. Learn to grow a healthy plant first. Good luck.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          So true! I was about to say F these damn autos and toss the remaining seeds I had then I tried a few outside and they flourished with little care. Night and day difference

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Effin Amen brother! I fell for the trap when i first started too, but now strongly encourage new growers to stick with photos until they have a handle on how to grow.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got a cat?

Hey ProFinesse - all good advice above. If you want to train autoflowers - start your LST right away and keep at it - adjust your bindings daily. And defoliate as they grow - sometimes daily as well - take off the leaves that look like they will be interfering with new growth.

Also don't expect them to grow big.

Here's a few pics of a Blueberry autoflower I began LST before I topped her - she's getting ready for her flowering stretch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210811_090912.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	530433
        Last edited by Canuck147; 08-11-2021, 11:32 AM. Reason: Sorry it would only let me post 1 pic
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210811_093458.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	530435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210811_093447.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	530436

Here's a few more
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X