Light bleached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Light bleached?

Click image for larger version  Name:	jnWOAou.jpg Views:	0 Size:	996.1 KB ID:	530307Click image for larger version  Name:	XJFmxPd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	530306 Hi all,

This is my first grow and I can’t tell if these are being bleached from the light, or they are just normal white pistils? My grow light is as high as it can go in the tent. About 16” above the canopy.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by davel160; 08-10-2021, 06:48 PM.

No not light bleach they look normal
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• davel160
      davel160 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect. Thank you!

Looks like normal baby buds to me. Pistils start off white and turn brown as the plant matures. If your leaves start cupping upwards then that is light stress and can lead to bleaching if severe and left untreated. Since you cant move the light any more, if issues arise then lst or supercropping may be needed. https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...crop-marijuana

That said i dont see any issues right now. One of the things you learn as you grow is how to keep from running out of space or the buds from getting too high. It takes practice and experience to master this. I still mess up from time to time and get some light stressed leaves. Indoors it is better to have a short and wide plant than tall which is why lst and light distance to canopy is super important in veg so you dont run out of room.

Comment

• davel160
      davel160 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome. Thank you. I trained this one a little bit, but for the next grow I have a scrog net I’m going to try out. This plant I think is ok, as it hasn’t grown in height in the last week at all. Thank you for taking a look and for the link.

What they said, looks good.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Howdy davel160, The leaves look rather yellowish and not as green as they should be, the stigmas (so called pistils) look OK. What is the reservoir water pH and temperature? You could be having a calcium and / or iron deficiency, either due to pH problems or due to just not enough there for the plants. If the temperature is too high (should be between 62° F and 70° F) algae could be growing causing an unbalanced pH as well. I would recommend checking both to see if they might be causing the leaves to be yellow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• davel160
        davel160 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info! I thought they looked a little yellow as well, and I did previously have some calcium issues (at least that’s what it looked like) with little brown spots on some of the leaves. I meticulously check the PH every day and it’s always between 5.8 and 6.3. I do use the suggested amount of CalMag, but maybe it needs a little more?

Hello davel160
      have you checked your ppms?☮️

Comment

• davel160
        davel160 commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually do, yea. For this plant I’m using GH base nutes and CalMag and Kabloom. It’s usually around 550ppm for this one. It’s an auto so I read you should cut the nutes in half. Maybe it just needs more?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X