Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led's v CMH Temps

Are LED'S cooler than CMH lights?

Yes they are substantially cooler. I still have my CMH light as my back up.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Question BR2K . Do led's require more height than CMH? I have a CMH and have never grown with led's so im just curious. I find i still need a couple feet from canopy on my CMH or i start getting light stress. I love my CMH but have thought about LED's time to time, especially in the summers being in the southern US.

LEDs run cooler than CMH.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Tersky, LEDs have come a LONG way. I wouldn't dream of having my CMH this close. The bud would be toasted to a crisp. The photo on the right is the bud in question. I believe the light only takes 100 watts from the wall. The plant on the left is Zombie Death Fuck (102 days old, 52 in flower). The plant on the right is Critical XXL (122 days old, 58 in flower)
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey BR I do see a little light stress on the RH big cola but not bad. Can you tie it away a bit?

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        @TOKEABIGONE Thanks! At this point, it is what it is. I will accept whatever degradation, as part of my learning/growing experience. This grow, REALLY drove home Nebula's point in her article "Why are my buds taking so long to mature? I was reviewing the article, probably for the third time before it made sense. The ad on Seedsman indicated a very short flowering time (45-55 days) and the plants would be short. The article highlighted that anything Sativa, XXL or HAZE will take longer. She is absolutely revealing herself to be a "procrastinator".

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X