Oklahoma is the place to be.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma is the place to be.....

The Sooner State, as deeply red as the American political palette will go, has almost overnight become the hottest place in the country to grow marijuana.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

A tale of 2 Oklahoma grows near me,

1. Picked some dude from CO to set up his grow, high bay type lighting was put in seeds planted and the grow was off. He picked the wrong seed to grow, planted it and when the first 2 week electric bill came in at just over $5000 the lights went off (commercial power costs more here) and the plants went outside. Back to those seed, he planted a high CBD strain/hybrid, and got little from it. Bottom line he put in $65,000 and got back $30,000 for a loss of $35,000. He has turned in his license and shut down the grow, however he now has 3 plants growing for his wife, and thinks he will get more from these 3 plants than his commercial harvest. My thought for him is he had no plan in place to get him growing, he should have known the first round was not going to go well.

2. Planned to be a tax right off, and started out with that very well, first seed WW CBD, and 1000 males. No problem, he blew it off for CBD (do males produce CBD?), and gave it away. From there things went very well for him, a few months ago he sold out and retired to FL. No one here knows how much he made, but I say he did good

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well there have been so many busts here lately folks seem to be turning others in because of the price of growing legal commercial grows and all the regulations, permits $$$$ fees. There is a grow that i'm not sure what it is up near me. We not longer can hike the area because it's been leased out for this grow. I see maybe 8+ very large hoop houses could be more. The word is it's hemp but no one really knows. If it's licenced for hemp it needs to be hemp not a high THC rec. cannibus grow. That is what F's up the legal grows.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      We have had many illegal grows busted here this year and more coming. With that changes to the commercial rules so they can fly over and know if the grow is legal or not off GPS. I think hemp is under the med license here, I could be wrong.

Outside the paywall looking in....

Okies know how to grow by birthright. I think it's the business part of it that baffles the guys going legit.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

There is certainly more to commercial then tossing out a few seed, the paper work alone is overwhelming. Then the yearly fees and they dont have to except the renewal. At least I can grow my own!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X