Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you call the sacks that form after removing a bud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you call the sacks that form after removing a bud?

Although I have completed many grows/harvests and have scoured nearly every word on GWE, I am still at a loss when it comes to the pear or spade shaped sacks that appear after i thin out lower buds during flowering. I typically remove the little gremlins (they come off easily), but I have no idea what they are called which makes it tough doing any research ;-) See pics.
    Attached Files

We call those seeds

Comment

• PaulZ
      PaulZ commented
      Editing a comment
      You must mean a potential seed spot because it has not been pollenated. I thought seeds only grew on buds so thanks for the input.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Preflowers will also make seed

That looks like a calyx. Will turn into seed if pollinated.

Learn how to find tiny pre-flowers at the base of each leaf to determine the sex of your plant in the vegetative stage (at only 3-6 weeks from germination)!

Last edited by Ckbrew; 08-08-2021, 09:44 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Ckbrew I agree bract/calyx

• PaulZ
      PaulZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input! I guess I am safe in removing them then. Next time I get some pollen I will have to try it!

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      You can remove them, but I like them. They can be quite potent especially the ones that grow close or inside the bud. Strip the ones lower on the stem by themselves if u want, but save the ones inside the bud.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X