Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Microscope question

Who uses one? USB cable or wireless?

I now have old man eyes (f... old age). Hard to see with the handheld 40x loupe anymore.

I may buy the $25 Amazon microscope but I have questions. USB style (android phone) or WiFi style (maybe hard to use with my outdoor weeds).

How do they work? Do you like them? Would you buy it again?

I just downloaded SuperVision X (per another recommendation here). Haven't tried it out yet but if it works better then the loupe I'll just use that.

Thanks all. Happy farming!!!
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

I bought the Skybasic 50-1000 from Amazon for $41 with wireless to my Android or usb to windows. It's far from the claims of 50-1000 but is about as good as any I've seen and you can capture pics or video with the app. Handheld is difficult if you are not rock steady but rig a tripod or platform next to the plant you can see the trichomes well enough to determine their ripeness. You have to put the lens right on the bud like 1/4 inch away. To get any better you will spend 100's.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I bought this Max-See scope on Amazon and I love it. A little hare to get used to at first and I get the best pictures of trichs if I take a small bud off and put it on a hard surface to shoot. Great photos though!

​​​​​​https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...=UTF8&psc= 1
      Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
      DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
      Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
      Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
      2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

Comment

Anyone have examples of pix from these scopes?
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

These are from my Android via the MaxSee app with the Sky Basic I mentioned above. These are hand held so not the best you can do certainly but they give an idea. Shoot pics with the button on the scope or from the app on the phone because no matter how hard you try to hold steady, just pressing the capture button will cause it to shake.
          I'm not claiming this is the best, just trying to give you an honest review
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_04_16_14_57_11_326.png
Views:	231
Size:	565.0 KB
ID:	529769

Name:	2021_04_16_15_26_28_970.png
Views:	237
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	529768
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• quirk
            quirk commented
            Editing a comment
            2-3 more weeks.

TOKABIGONE they photos are awesome. So much easier to see then using the loupe. Thanks for sharing that info!
          Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
          Canna Coco Or
          Happy Frog soil
          Fox Farms nutrients trio
          Smart pots
          Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

You can actually use a loupe very effectively if you attach it to a smartphone cam.

Comment

I use this lens from 1950 projector

Name:	LENSE 1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	529916

This is what I get putting it up to my S-10

Name:	TRICHOME 1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	529917Click image for larger version

Name:	TRICHOME 2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	529918

The quality degrades being posted here. Would a USB microscope be any better?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	S20170213_0005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	529931Click image for larger version  Name:	S20160228_0001 (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	573.6 KB ID:	529932Click image for larger version  Name:	S20170215_0005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	529930 Amazon, enter digital microscope. Mine was like 20 bucks. I just snip off a hunk of bud put it on a white plate and sit at my desk.

Comment

Looks like a better image Ty.

Comment

Like at Primo shows the 15-20 dollar usb is all you need. I hook it up to my laptop and snap pics. Seems to work as well if not better than the more pricier ones. Definitely worth the money. I bought mine after 4 years and can’t believe I was killing myself with those smaller loupes. Buy in the 20 dollar range you won’t regret it

Comment

I took these two+ months before harvest with a USB microscope. After harvest I used something like this, a kit of clip-on phone lenses that I won in a sweepstakes, nice pics but you have to rest it just right above a bud to get a good shot: https://www.amazon.com/Apexel-Profes...8490249&sr=8-6
                      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                      Various size fabric grow bags
                      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X