Releasing the Kracken!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Releasing the Kracken!!!

OK, the ladies have been surviving my ignorance for the last 9/10 weeks now and they are in various forms of Bloom. We have been dealing with using Miracle Grow potting soil (yikes!) thankfully cut with coco...we have been trying to deal with nitrogen burn specifically on my two Granddaddy Purples and I think we will round the bend even though it will be an ongoing struggle, flushing and all.
    The feedings have been, of late...Bloom/CalMag with a weekly dose of Recharge for my AK-47, Gorilla Glue, and Amnesia. My two GDDP's have been receiving plain water and then an i49 Stage 3 plant booster of 0-27-27, I have recently [last night] been giving them the above cocktail that the others are receiving.

That's my update, you can see where I've come from by searching "JavaBob"....the newest addition has been two 36w Red LED bulbs.
    Here is my QUESTION: I have been practicing LST in order to keep all the plants approximately at the same height. (Another experience learned on growing similar girls at one time).
    Have any of you ever removed your LST once in Bloom? Is there any benefit or detriment to doing so? My reason is (yet another lesson learned) I have a tent of 24x48x72 and foolishly am growing FIVE ladies, all Auto Fems...I see that I am becoming a victim of success and the canopy is very dense even with some minimal pruning. If I open up the canopy by removing the LST netting and start to raise the lights as needed will that allow more light and room to prune?

Below is my constantly changing setup:
      • a 12x48x72 tent,
      • Abriselux A1000 LED dimmable w/High PPFD 100watt
      • Four-5 gallon bags (two GrandDaddy Purple Fems, one Auto Amnesia Fem, and one Auto Gorilla Glue Fem)
      • One -7 gallon for my one Auto AK-47.
      • The room is full, WAS manageable.
      • One 6" fan on the floor interior.
      • Two small 3" clip-on fans.
      • A small 2300 c/f Mini Dehumidifier.
      • A GrowAce 6" fan with a carbon filter.
    I use tap water that has been bubbled for 24 hours. And use a Vivosun pH & TDS meter sticks.
    Using
    General Hyros Up & Down. Botanicare's Cal-Mag, Grow & Bloom.
    Bought ILGM's germ to bloom pack of supplements and a bag of RECHARGE.

According to my calendar, I am entering week TEN.

I keep the light at 12 to 18" on an 18/6 schedule, where after reading here I took the suggestion to switch them to 6 pm to noon from a 6 am to midnight, less of a heat issue that way. I also have added 2 - 8.5" reflector lamps and two RED 36W equivalent bulbs for the rest of the cycle.

The RED in the photos is from the additional RED BULBS.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210805_091040.jpg Views:	0 Size:	581.1 KB ID:	529400Click image for larger version  Name:	20210805_091114.jpg Views:	0 Size:	593.4 KB ID:	529399Click image for larger version  Name:	20210805_091044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	585.1 KB ID:	529398Click image for larger version  Name:	20210805_091142.jpg Views:	0 Size:	550.1 KB ID:	529397

Last edited by javabob; 08-05-2021, 11:12 AM.

Leave your restraints in place until harvest unless they are cutting into a branch. I released one before it finished the flowering stretch (I thought it was finished). It jumped up 2 or 3 inches, so I just leave it in place now.
    Happy farming! 🙂🌱
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Looks great - but - looks like the flowering stretch should be on - gonna be awful crowded real soon - any room outside for one?
      Only criticism would be - why did you use such big pots? I grow only autoflowers in 2 gallon geopots - helps a bit to control size.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks for the help folks.@canuck147 ....in all the reading I did it seemed that the 5 gallons were the right fit for the root systems. Also, when the AK47's were talked about they said to go larger for the type of strain.
        It now seems that no matter I will probably use 3 gallon and only 3, maybe four ladies. I'm thinking that less is more. As for the outside world... I'm in the MidAtlantic and it's buggy, humid and our thunderstorms can have incredibly damaging winds with rain. So I'm not real keen on dealing with those elements, But if things get out of hand I am thinking the AK47 in the 7 gallon bag would be able to go outside w/o any real issues.
        I, too think the auto fems are the way to go!!!
        Thank you both for the input
        Grow big, grow home.
        JB

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X