• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please! Spider mites

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	416.1 KB
ID:	529284 I posted a previous problem a couple of days ago, and the people who responded were spot on! This morning I found spider mites on my Purple kush plants. 51 days of flower. Is there anything that i can do to get rid of these things at this stage of the game? Neem oil maybe? My son read something about harvesting, and then washing the buds with baking soda, lemon juice, and then rinse with water. Has anyone else heard of this? He also read where the bugs will just die off once the leaves dry out. Thank You in advance!

2 spotted spider mite. Those guys are assholes... I had a bout with them last year I used predatory mites from Arbico-organics.com. with in a couple weeks they were gone.
    There's a good video on YouTube about bud washing by Jorge Cervantes. He was using it to get rid of powdery mildew. Im not positive about getting rid of spider mites. Worth looking into.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• thehalfwit
      thehalfwit commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Haven't dealt with spider mites but have read the biggest problem is the web they leave. As for washing, I use 3 bucket method. 1. water, lemon juice, baking soda. 2. water, hydrogen peroxide, 3. plain water. Use tepid water. To cold, may knock off tricomes, to hot, may vaporize off terpines.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

ISO and water, 1 part ISO to 8 parts water (I do 50/50, less water left behind) spray with lights off, spray the under side then the top and soak them good. This will kill the adults but not then eggs, so it has to be done every 3 days for at least 3 treatments, then watch close. Also spray the area in case some try to run for it.
      Neem oil or spinosad is not safe in flower.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X