Carbon filter placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon filter placement

Hi first time grower. I was wondering if it's ok to hang my carbon filter on the back long top support pole of my 36x20x62 grow tent. I have 2 100 watt lights on the long crossbar so that just leaves me the short crossbar and it is too short. Also, could I hang it on the long with the 2 lights?

Where is the fan located? I have both my carbon filters mounted in side, one fan is located inside and the other 6 inch fan outside. I do not use a tent (Home built space) but if the pole will support it would be a good space. Above the heat and help exhaust. Tent growers probably have a better ideal of where.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

I have no tent but hang it high where the heat is and bring the air in at the bottom opposite of the exhaust .
      DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
      TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
      Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
      10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
      50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
      8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
      2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
      w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
      2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
      2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
      GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
      Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
      . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
      Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

You could always run the fan filter outside your tent. I've done this for a couple of years now. My fan/filter is a rather large system, too heavy for the tent supports and it takes up too much room inside. Works well.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

outdoor
        Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
        Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

I am planning to put the fan outside hanging on the closet bar that usually has clothes hangers on it. I could put the filter there to, but I heard it was more efficient to have the filter on the inside. Wouldn't mind the fan on the inside too cause it's a bedroom closet and would like to minimize noise but It's only 62" high and I'm not sure I would have enough height. This tent (ipower) has three ventilation things on the bottom.

Comment

I have mine strapped to the back bar and the way the light is made it tucks right up to it when it’s pulled up. Then the fan is mounted at the exhaust port from the center bar.

Comment

Cool pics. Ya that's what I had in mind except I'm using 2 leds. Thanks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X