Starting flower cycle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting flower cycle question

I'm ready to flip the switch and as a first time indoor guy, I was wondering if I should shock the girls for 24 hrs before the 12/12 schedule or just switch it and continue the new schedule? They've been on an 18/6 for 6 wks

Just switch it.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, turn it. Only shock they have is they say to each other,"Get the buds started NOW!"

• Weasel
      Weasel commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear new growers mention 'shock' a lot. You won't hear experienced growers worrying about 'shock'. I'm not sure where it comes from or if it's just some natural motherly instinct for us to think this is an issue. I'm pretty sure there is no such thing in a botanical sense. Except maybe in the botanic sense of 'oh my god I f'ed up my plants again'. That's a shock I went through as a newbie oh so many times and still sometimes do.
      But you can definitely just switch the light cycle. It's what thousands and thousands of growers do every day. It's not like it's going to hurt the plant if you start trying to improve on that method by tweaking things more, but it's not really going to improve upon it, and it's extra work.
      Last edited by Weasel; 02-05-2017, 06:35 PM.

All from what I have read and heard from my buddies in a first time grower as well, and they all said to do as smooth a transition as you can. As if it was growing outdoors days get shorter so they get less light. And that's what your doing when switching is mimicking outside. Hope it helps. 👍

Comment

You got any pics?

Comment

Thanks everyone. I thought it was a prerequisite for indoors, but I guess I was mistaken.

Comment

I for some reason can't figure out how to upload the pictures? Tried three times. I have one mainlining, one topped, and one stretched the Efff out in a circle.

Comment

What I have been told is always try to mimic outdoors but put your own spin on it. Do what makes you feel comfortable. I have my single plant on 24/7 but I am gonna be switching to 20/4 then 18/6 then 12/12 in about a month time to let it veg some more. It all depends on how big your growing space is and how your plant is doing on filling out that space.

Comment

The one thing I love about starting to grow, is that everyone does it a little bit differently and these plants are very resilient I feel like I'm killing my plant but my buddies say it's doing good for how it was in the first half of it's life it was in a dark closet in a garage in the middle of winter and I nursed it back to health

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X