Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get one more outdoor grow in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get one more outdoor grow in Michigan?

I'm a new grower in michigan. This year I planted six outdoors (autos, not photos). I staggered the grows so they wouldn't all be ready at once. They are generally taking about 12 weeks from seed to harvest. I'm wondering if anyone in this area would be daring enough to try another grow before the end of fall. At the end of 12 weeks from this point it would be chilly temperatures but no snow. What do you think?
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

In northern part of IL here, we've had snow before Halloween. You'd have Aug/Sept/Oct ... personally I wouldn't bank on it unless you can pull them inside a garage if needed for a day or two.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Well here in the Canadian Capital I bet you it's colder than IL. So the reason why I take no chance and grow indoor.

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Farmbuck, I'm also in Ottawa ON and I am trying a first outdoor grow. I've got two plants that are in bloom and it looks like the others are getting ready to go into bloom. Have you had trouble in the past with not enough time? That gives me August, September, and October, hopefully we get a mild fall... Muskie Man...

Maybe look for something like Tutankhamen (49-56 days) or other auto with a less then 60 day finish, or as said be ready to bring them inside for the final lap.

Comment

Going to try just planting one seed outside at this point. I will try again with the candy cane strain. The ones that I have growing right now have shown no bug damage whatsoever. If the weather starts to get bad in October I have the option to bring them inside minus the bugs. We'll just see how it goes. Thanks for all your input!
      Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
      Canna Coco Or
      Happy Frog soil
      Fox Farms nutrients trio
      Smart pots
      Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

Hmmm, I had good success with a late outdoor planting in pots last Fall. I moved them indoors when there was a frost warning.

Just a thought.
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

An auto maybe but speaking as another Canadian it will be a race to finish. If you get a mild dry fall you could be in luck. If it is cold and/or wet you will be struggling to avoid bud rot while the cold slows down plant growth. Not saying it isn’t possible but you should be prepared to either lose the crop or bring them into a garage if the weather turns on you. Be prepared to drop a tarp on the plant to avoid wet leaves/bud as much as possible because cold and damp is a killer.

Comment

Another thought, one could build a mini green house over them, I did that my first legal grow, put in lights heat and timers and got my harvest.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
              DeadlyFruit commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point - even some sticks holding up a clear tarp would be cheap and very good for the rainy or cold days. If it isn’t too hot it could stay in place all the time. Love that you were able to put one together with timers and lights!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X