Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help with what is causing this to happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help with what is causing this to happen?

Hi im a new grower and my had some advice the other day that I may have over watered so have been allowing it to dry out but it continues too get worse just looking for any advice on what could be the cause and how too fix if possible.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210731_114732.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	528441
    Attached Files

What is the humidity?
    what type of soil is that ? Do you have good drainage in the pot? So the roots gets enough oxygen. ?
    Do you have perlite mixed in the soil?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Good questions

Hey Joshp without any grow info in your post I will guess the issue is your medium has poor drainage and the roots are having issues with lack of oxygen due to being too compacted. Transplant into a better soil with some perlite would help or just ride it out but your yield may not be great. It's drowning.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree.

If I had to guess I'd say your having root issues and or in combination with ph issues. Give us some information on her. What are you feeding, what's the ph of that water, have you check ph in the root zone and so on. The more info you give the better.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Hi so I'm 70x70x160 marshydro grow tent with a 1000 marshydro light it pulls 150 watt from the wall I have it at 20 inches above the canopy on about 40% so the soil is a living one from eco-thrive so I am not giving it no feed as this soil is nutrient rich If I'm honest I haven't been maintaining a pH because its a living soil the shop I got it from said the microbes will buff the pH of the water naturally I'm there is no perlite in the soil what so ever as the company states they use a different method in there soil also humidity I running on the low end at about 45% not quite sure what too do to help the plant as it doesn't look like it's bouncing back at all. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Well it clearly doesn’t like the soil.
        I want to say you have root problems - because of the symptoms on the leaves to be honest.
        But I have never grown in a living soil - But I think you need some perlite in that soil mix. The roots needs oxygen, even in a living soil.

how big is that pot ? You need to get it in a bigger pot.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Are you using tap water? if so what do you do to kill the chlorine/chloramine? These chems will kill the living soil, and then that PH buffer doesn't work.

Comment

Agree with the statements above from Capt and Rwise. Living Soil is great till it gets messed up. Either from using chlorinated tap water or depleting the dry amendments and not replacing them soon enough or using chemical ph buffers and so on.
            As for the soil it looks like it suffocating the plant. In my opinion you need perlite mixed in. The roots need air to breath.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

The pot is just the seedling pot it's at a litre maybe litre and half the plant will be going into its on 25 litre fabric pot soon which I will add perlite too and I also use eco thrive neutralise for the chlorinated water one drop to every litre so shouldn't be getting chlorinated water but I will definitely add perlite to the mix.

Comment

I had similar issues with a new 400w hid fixture and bulb…the heat and light stress had me checking everything thinking it was nutrient related because the light was already 18” up then I backed the light way off for a day and they perked back up temps at the tops were in the 80’s.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X