Happy Frog and perilite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Frog and perilite

I'm a new grower. 1 year in. I started on Happy Frog and am happy with it and see no reason to change. It has some perilite in it. Is it enough? Those that use this soil do you use it as is or do you add more? I'm not sure if what it has in it is enough or it would be beneficial to add a bit more. Thanks
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

I use happy frog and find no need to alter it.

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I've used it both for indoor and outdoor grows and have been happy with it. As always just wondering if there's something better or something different that would produce more.

I also use happy frog and do not add perilite
    Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
    Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
    31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
    1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
    Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
    secret base a & b
    cal mag
    golden tree
    flower stacker

Comment

I use Ocean Forest (I tried Happy Frog and it did not do as well as Ocean Forest in the latter stages of growth) and I add about 4 cups of perlite per 3-gal pot. I flush 15% overflow every time I water with nutrients and I get excellent results with zero yellowing even through the final stages of flowering. I use the Fox Farms 3-some nutrients per their chart, but I repeat week 4 until I see pistils and then switch to week 5. Adding lots of perlite allows vital oxygen to easily reach the roots even when using the overflow method of watering (which I am absolutely sold on). Any loss of soil is easily compensated with the added nutrients. Perlite is CHEAP.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
        RetiredGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the overflow method of watering?

PaulZ Could you explain further the " overflow method of watering" Please
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PaulZ
        PaulZ commented
        Editing a comment
        What I call overflow is the same as flushing, which is when watering you use enough water to allow 15 / 20% of the water to drain from the bottom of the pot, flushing old nutrients and salts, etc. from the growing medium.

It's normal too think that feeding will make it grow quicker. I thought that at first. Right now she is rooting in. After that is done she will take off. If it's a photo seed than just take a little longer. If it's a auto it will hurt Ur yield. Feeding by sight mainly in veg. Bloom is when u feed more

Comment

I use Happy Frog and I add perlite. I don't measure it, I just add some until it "looks right".

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X