Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dannyboy58
    commented on 's reply
    DeadlyFruit. The article specifically says don't use jars to CURE. He definitely makes a point of saying CURING in jars is bad but then doesn't address it as a different process from drying. I don't think the article makes much sense at all.

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    Tom81 Just skimmed the article - Ed is saying never ‘dry’ buds in jars (drying being only half the process). I don’t think anyone here does the drying part of things in a jar as it would trap the moisture - when we talk about jarring it is for the curing portion after drying, where the final bit of moisture stabilizing and other magic happens. Ed looks to also be a proponent of doing the curing in an open environment as well but I expect the comment about never drying in jars wasn’t meant to apply to curing in a jar. Just my opinion but curing in an open environment only makes sense if you can control the environment. I am still going to use jars and ‘burping’ because by that point the drying is pretty much done and the jar is an easier environment to manage for curing. A jar will also keep contaminants from your fantastic homegrown buds.

Based on my read the most important thing in the article was drying and curing in a cool (not cold) environment to minimize terpene loss for a higher quality bud.

• hairyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom81 View Post
    This guy is saying that it's not a good idea to cure buds in a closed jar. Any thoughts?
    https://www.edrosenthal.com/the-guru...ng-of-cannabis
    I hear what he is saying and I respect his knowledge, but really, just another opinion. I will continue to use jars.

Leave a comment:

• Tom81
    replied
    This guy is saying that it's not a good idea to cure buds in a closed jar. Any thoughts?
    Drying and curing cannabis flowers takes time and patience, but the finished buds are worth the wait. Here are four options for small-scale drying and curing marijuana.

Leave a comment:

• changeofpace2014
    commented on 's reply
    Got tired of spliff going out. My weed has been cured for over 6 months now. I just ordered the 62% Bovedas, so we shall see.. Your comment about dropping down to the 58% for a nice burn caught my eye.. Keep that in mind...

• Dannyboy58
    commented on 's reply
    Good info in these threads! Thanks for posting. I guess I expected once it reaches close to the target RH it would be smokeable. Sounds like it takes time for the moisture to balance out and it's not as simple or fast as i thought. Very helpful read!

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    I’m not saying hygrometer is a bad thing.
    I’m just saying it’s not completely necessary for curing good weed. Sometimes in here it sounds really like you can’t do a cure without all these thing, and to that I was simply applying that it’s not that necessary.

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Drying and curing of this grow: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/167838-kiss-grow-fastbuds-girl-scout-cookies-autoflower The method I

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    All very true CaptainWiese91 but once you've f***d it up and a little too dry they are a great way to bring them back. The hygrometers are just to reassure you all is good. Just another item in your toolbox. Yes you can open the jar a few minutes for fresh air just don't leave open too long IMO.

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    For the record - you can cure buds really nice and it will still be good without all the hygrometers and humidity packs🤷🏼‍♂️ Just saying .
    it doesn’t need to get complicated to cure some marijuana 😆

just open the jar one time or two in a day. And do that for a week and then repeat the next week with maybe only one time a day you open the jar.
    No matter what the humidity is in the room or where you have the jars, still open the jar. Because they need some fresh air in the jar. Doesn’t matter if the humidity is 60% when you open. They still need fresh air and then you just close the jar a little sooner.🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s not rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    I'm at 2 months into cure with 62 Bovedas and hygrometers to moniter them. RH has stayed consistant at 60% pus or minus 3% the entire time. Next week I will change to 58 Boveda as that few % lower allows it to burn just right in my little glass pipe. Buds are stable now for long term storage.

Just be sure your room RH is below 60% before you leave the lid off too long or they will absorb more moisture.

Leave a comment:

• Dannyboy58
    replied
    Tom81 hope you don't mind me sharing my experiences so far with my first dry/cure. I think we're tracking pretty close in the process maybe so we could both benefit? If you'd rather I posted elsewhere just delete this.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, mine were hanging in the dry tent for 8 days when I snapped off a few smaller stems. So they've been in a mason jar with a boveda 62% sachet and a small hygrometer for 4 full days now ( I thought it was longer...) and the RH has risen steadily from 54 to 60. I've opened, sniffed and shaken them every day and resealed. Nice aroma and they don't seem too damp...

I pulled a small bud out last night to try, figuring i've smoked lots of weed in the past that wasn't perfectly cured. I put it in a small dark jar with a boveda 62 overnight and today I ground it and rolled a joint. It seemed pretty fluffy after the grind. Not really damp. decent aroma. Rolled it in a rice paper with a cardboard tip and dropped it into my waterproof case until just before dinner when I sat on the porch steps and sparked it up. First draw was nice, tasty but it went out. Second same...papers burned down around the weed and it was hard to keep lit and smoke. Which tells me it's still too damp even though it felt crispy and the small stems broke.

Figured I'd open the jar for a couple days to let it air out some more. Any other advice from the collective appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Get yourself some hygrometers from Amazon and put one in the jar. It’ll tell you how much moisture you’ve got in them. Once you’ve had a couple of a harvests you’ll know by the feel eventually

Leave a comment:

• Tom81
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, had them in jars overnight and as you said, the crispiness is pretty much gone, they feel rather wet again.
    So I guess to prevent mould etc. I best take them out again to dry more and just monitor RH?!

• Smokesteve
    replied
    Get them in jars and get bovedas

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X