Feedback on my first grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on my first grow

This is my first grow and I would like some feedback. This is bubblegum kush regular 16 days old. It is in a 2x2x4 tent with a 600w led about 18 inches above the canopy. It is grown in promix and worm castings. I have been lightly watering every other day. I just gave it some blood meal yesterday, but no other nutes so far. I am worried about the height of it. Here are a few pics:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210729_110328.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	528042
    Attached Files

Welcome Biffking this may be your first pot grow but you must have done some gardening before. Your lady looks very healthy from what I can see and large for 16 days from sprout. Very nice work! Happy pharming!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Thanks. I have grown several different types of plants before. Veggies, air plants, carnivorous etc. I'm just glad she looks healthy. I don't want to mess her up as I have become pretty attached already.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha ha, yes it's funny how we become so attached to these much more than any other plant I think. They become our children until that day comes when they get to give back to us!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not saying to scare you or scold you when i say this.....you are a eager grower i see by the way you have already removed some valuble leaf on a young plant. This grow is gonna take 4months maybe less who knows it's approx. times till harvest. It's a regular seed not feminized right? Males seem to be robust growers in my experience till they show sex. Go very slowly with early clipping this will affect growth times and yields. Topping would be the first step allow it to grow up wards a bit more before you clip leaf.

• Biffking
        Biffking commented
        Editing a comment
        It is supposed to be a fem photo and not auto. I clipped those 2 sets of fan leaves because I wasn't getting much height on the plant and those grew so large they were laying in the soil and I didn't want to create a pathway for pest.

Like i said let it grow up more before removing it's leaf. If you don't have perilite in the soil no air or very little hits the roots so they get compacted no air slow roots no growing. So your soil does not look airaited, they need very little nutes at less than 20days old.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Let me tell you about my experience as well. I too have a 2x2x4 tent. With a Vivosun VS1000 for lighting. I have a VERY HARD time keeping the plants 12-18in from the light. And all I grow are Autos. It was a big mistake getting only a 4' high tent. I top and LST the shit out of my plants. I hope others will learn from my mistake...
        Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
        Canna Coco Or
        Happy Frog soil
        Fox Farms nutrients trio
        Smart pots
        Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

• Biffking
          Biffking commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea it was my first grow and I didn't want to put a lot of money into it incase I was unsuccessful. I would recommend not buying anything vivosun. I bought their 6 inch inline and I have only had it a little over 2 weeks and it burned up on me last night, so I have it boxed up to return and I will be receiving a new one Saturday. Do you have any recommendations on a taller grow tent? It will still need to be 2x2 but I could go up to 6 in height.

Is this a sign of light burn or something else? It is limited to the new growth.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210730_095745.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	528255

Comment

Yellow leaf tips usually are some sort of deficiency. You can also see some very feint burnt tips on your first pic. Do you ph your water when you feed? Also doesn’t look like you have any perlite in your medium which means it’ll be pretty dense in there. You want to use that in future.

Comment

• Biffking
            Biffking commented
            Editing a comment
            My soil is promix with some worm castings. I thought that had perlite. Is it not in the right ratio? My ph meter is junk its a rapitest and I always get a 6.8 to 7.0 reading (even in the soil except for one patch that read 4.5) I water with just distilled water.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X