Did I Make The Right Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I Make The Right Call

New to growing cannabis. Started with a few autos and a few photos this year. Photos are doing awesome and all but one auto is doing good. I decided to grow in a few mediums to see what I liked best. The one I’m having troubles with though is in a 1/4 perlite, peat, compost and manure mix. This is what the guy at the shop I bought the seeds from said worked best with autos. Basically sow the seed and water is all I needed to do. Well I also did some LST and the plant was looking really healthy. Then it started flowering. About 60 days in. About a week into flowering I had my lower leaves turning yellow. Thought maybe lack of light. Then it started moving up the plant. I did some research and started thinking either nutrient lock or lack of nitrogen even though the store told me I wouldn’t need to fertilize. So I decided it was a lack of nitrogen and watered with worm castings tea and some 1/2 strength bloom GH nutes (what I’m watering my healthy auto in coco with). Was this the right call? It’s hard to see photos of nutrient lock and lack of nitrogen as to me they seem very similar.

This is a WAG but it looks like a root issue to me perhaps by over watering and also maybe nute burn as well. It does need correcting soon or she may be a goner. I never hear good things about manure for pot grows. it's not normal aging in flower. The top of the pot looks really wet to me. Good Luck and welcome to GWE!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I’ve only been watering about twice a week and using a moisture meter. Only water when it’s showing dry. Using filter pots and water till it runs out then let it dry out and repeat. I was told that manure will be drained of its nutrients in 60-80 days?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Get rid of the meter, lift the pots when dry they are lite, then water.

I'm curious about the white spots. Have you checked under and on the leaves with at least a 30X loupe or camera for bugs?
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Izzie1701
        Izzie1701 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had leaf miners early in veg and fixed that. I think the white spots are a 1/8 nutes spray on the foliage. I sprayed when I heard that the nutes in my soil were likely used up.

What about PH levels ???
      to me there is signs of bugs like catfish is saying, but the affected leaf is definitely a PH problem and if it’s not, then you have giving it way to much nutes. Or else the leaves wouldn’t burn that way…
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chlorine doesn’t matter.. have been using tap water for 8 years without thinking one minute on the chlorine- doesn’t matter.
        You can use juice from a lime or a lemon, much more easier.

Try to raise the Ph to 6,3-6,5. Calcium can’t get absorbed under 6,2

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the vinegar will kill the chlorine/chloramine, but letting it set and stabilize is good..

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t know about vinegar Rwise. I know lemon juice kills the chlorine right ?

I'm not a big fan of manure in pots but it's long past it's use now and your seeing the effects. It's great for inground but i don't like it myself for light fluffy soil mediums that weed likes. I mix more than normal use amounts of perilite in my soils, yes worm casing and coco coir previous used potting soils but no large amounts of manure cause it compacts and it's buggy. I think that's what cause this disease.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning SoOrbudgal, quick question if you will. Do you mix worm castings into the coco or just top dress? Proportion if mixed in or tea top dressing? Sorry, more than 1 question. Hope the weather up there has normalized for you. Monsoon time down here. Want to drop some autos in late August indoor.

• Izzie1701
        Izzie1701 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep not using it again. My coco perlite and Pete vermiculite are growing so so much better and I can flush those. I haven’t flushed the manure mix as it seems to hold way way to much water and don’t want root rot. Seems to take a long long time between waterings to and is quite heavy.

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Izzie1701 i would get rid of the vermiculite as that retains water increasing risk for root rot. Perlite is what you want for aeration and drainage.

I do both TOKABIGONE i top dress outdoor mostly cause of enviornment. I mix it into my soil medium. I just add a bag of it to my soil mixing tub like 2lbs i don't measure it sorry, too old school i eyeball LOL i got a 5gal bucket to mix tea for outdoor, i throw a cup in there with other guano poo, fish emultions sticky stuff stir and let sit for a day then stir it and pour it. I don't have no bubbler.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X