New friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New friend

Still groping to find a seed that suits me, I am a student who just came out of work. I want to plant on a whim, but I don't know where to start. Everyone is welcome to give pointers in the comments section.

OK phamty I'll try but you have to follow closely and do what I tell you or it won't work. Follow closely and take notes. Tonight you will go to the GWE main site where there are hundreds of articles and tutorials including one at the very start called Beginner Basics and start to read. You're a student so you know how to study.

Seriously, and I am serious, this is how we all got started except for a few who have been growing since the beginning of time. Many very experienced people here who are glad to help but we won't spoon feed you. You do the work. You do not plant on a whim and expect any results. If you do your seed will be dead in a week or less. This requires a lot of work and dedication if you want to profit from your $10 each seed and minimum $1000 gear like lights, tent fans, grow medium, Several other accessories, not to mention a good plan for your grow, nutrients, environmental control equipment and more. We will be your guide, you bring the commitment and work.

I'm sure the last thing you expected is a lecture but trust me I just want you to know what you're getting into, It ain't rocket science but it's close if you want success. Most of your questions you will answer for yourself but we can flesh out the details for you. OK? Welcome to GWE !
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Your novice is a cutie pie! Takes me back about 45 years.

• OldManGrower
      OldManGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Right On!

• phamty
      phamty commented
      Editing a comment
      OK,thank you for your reply. Friend. Hope I can learn more from you.

Hi friend, you may want to look here, there is a lot of information about the different strains (seeds).

Find your shape. Find your color. Find your cannabis. Leafly flowers use shapes and colors to represent feelings, effects, and aromas. Find your shape

Comment

• phamty
      phamty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for your recommendation, I will learn it later.

Picking seeds is easier than you think. Rule 1: All seed sites exist to sell you something and want their products to look good. So, they will provide claims that really only apply to highly experienced growers with the best equipment. Rule 2: Ask about beginners seeds. This should provide info on seeds that are very forgiving to grower error. Rule3: Know your set up. Don't by seeds that may grow into 6' plants when you have a 4' high grow area. Rule 4: Read the GWE site, located at the top of this page several times. Only then should you buy anything at all. Now a piece of personal insight; White Widow, Northern Lights and Zlittlez are all small compact strains that are very user friendly, forgiving and potent. Do not start with autoflowers until you have more experience.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Also excellent advise sir. I hope he answers without asking the same question again. Last couple times he has been on at 8pm unless he's a spook

Hi phamty i see that avitar an heck are you old enough to drive a car? Where you gonna grow it?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Bag seed from a friend?
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, you can kill a handfull without losing much. Sooner or later your bound to get one to grown only to kill it in flower. It's a cruel world !

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the better I've had was from a bag seed I popped just out of curiosity about 3 years ago before I was growing. I gave it to my daughter in law and she grew it out. We call it IDK because there is no clue what strain it is. They still keep clones going on it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X