Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm leaving....I can't take this nonsense anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric is finally done. All new circuits run and tied into the breaker box. Any extra breakers will require a sub panel. Mines full!
    Today I started insulation. Put R15 into all the walls and this weekend I'll be putting in R30 into the ceiling. After that I just need to sheetrock the backsides of the walls and the ceiling, hang lights, install exhaust fan and filter. Almost there...
    I put in an order for new seeds for my first run in the room. I ordered Gorilla Glue #4(photos) from 420newguyseeds. Can't wait to finish this room up and get those beans in the ground!
    Anyone have any experience with GG#4 from 420newguyseeds?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, I appreciate the feed back. I read that the buds get super sticky and that they have a pretty hight THC content. Around 22% to 26%. That's pretty good in my book.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      My current lonely girl grow is a photo GG4 from Paul. Seed was about to years old though.
      Good luck with your new grow room!

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks @GeenState, I appreciate it.

You can't beat Paul's shipping. Less than a week!! Plus 3 of Paul's Purple Peyote seeds.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats odd that you couldn't pay. I'd try calling Paul directly.

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it said I had to send payment to them in the mail and once they received it they would ship them to me, it's been a little bit since I tried I think it said I could use some crypto money to but I don't know how to do that stuff... I'll try calling them when I'm ready for more seeds

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats weird man. I paid using a debit card.

Had a few free hours today. In-between my anniversary, work. Stapled faced Batts of R30 on the ceiling, padded out around the pipes to build a soffit, insulated inside the soffit as well. I found a perfect door at a used material lumber yard. It's in unused condition. 2-8 7-0 LH solid core with a maple veneer. Im gonna cut it down to 83" in height and scribe it down to the floor. My concrete floor is 3/4" out of level in 35". After it's installed I'll add weather stripping around the door stops. I want this room heavily insulated and sealed TIGHT!
    Tomorrow I'll hang the rock on the ceiling and get a coat of tape on it..
    Only a few more big items to accomplish. Paint all the brown wall board bright white, install infinity t8 and carbon filter with the temp and RH controller. Build cabinet doors for existing built-ins. Aaaannndd tthheeeeeennnn install the lights and bring in the girls.
    I germinated my seeds differently this time. With autos I just drop the bean directly into the final pot. This time with my new photo seeds I soaked them overnight in spring water for 24 hours ad dropped them in Coast of Maine Seed starter in 3.5" nursery pots. 4 GG#4 and 2 PPP (Paul's Purple Peyote). With any luck they will be in their final home by tomorrow night.
    I can see light at the end
    Last edited by PLreef; 08-08-2021, 07:09 AM. Reason: Because apparently i cant spell if im super baked
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I will still plant a few autos along side this grow. I have fun growing those litte guys but im really looking forward to doing some serious training with the photos. I doubt I'll get a pound a plant but I sure as hell will try.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Like always I'm a day behind lol hope you and the other half enjoyed your anniversary... glad to hear you are getting closer to the end on the growroom I'm excited for you and looking forward to seeing it finished. I to changed my germ process to something really close to yours I did a 24 soak and used rapid rooter, I've only done one that way (duckfoot auto) but I was impressed by the simplicity and how quick I saw roots coming out of the rooter then straight into a 5 gallon pot. Good luck buddy 👍 happy growing

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        I almost used the rapid rooters as well. I still have a bag from a while back. I check the bean this am and a few already popped.
        Good luck to you as well MeEasy.

***Update***
      Today I finished sanding the drywall ceiling then painted. Emptied the entire room of all my tools, mopped and vacuumed the floor and put down the first coat of floor paint. Definitely still needs another. If it's dry enough I'll get another coat on tonight before bed. This project has taken a bit longer than I originally hoped for but I can't complain. It's actually been kind of fun.
      With any luck I'll get my exhaust and filter installed tomorrow.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Couldn't agree more! Lol

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        The paneling reminds me of the basement on that 70 show 🤣 and I don't even remember if there was paneling on the walls on the show

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to grow up with paneling like that in finished basement in the house.

Your not kidding MeEasy. Those walls will be soon painted white. On a good note. I put up a bunch of the trim along the ceiling and floors. Tomorrow fill nail holes, caulk the gaps and some touch up paint. I just went up in the attic above my 5x5 and removed the infinity T8 and ductwork. Just getting ready to install tomorrow. This project is so close to being done!!
      Don't judge me, I'm having a bad hair day....
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't saying there's anything wrong with it I actually like the look. I am following your build it's getting very close to grow time, I'm excited for you and jelly a little lol I can't wait to get mine going. I have to finish up everything on the house first so if I run short of cash my fun room waits not the rotten soffit that keeps getting worse with every rain 🙃 I have to at least act like an adult 😜

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Adulting is over rated!!

Very Well Done PLreef !!! All your hard work will be rewarded in future enjoyment.

My grow room is a gubby little hodge podge of good grow equipment surrounded by ad hoc carpentry a few remaining spider webs and a dusty basement floor. But I love it down there with the pampered plants, a little Miles Davis on the speakers and a relaxing buzz settling into my grouchy old bones! Even my Saintly Spouse knocks before entering the Cannabis Sanctum Sanctorum!

PS, My Infinity T8 should arrive today, I think we'll be very happy with that choice.

Cheers,

-Grouchy
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Grouchy! The Infinity T8 is freaking awesome. You'll love it, it's got a ton of power. I also picked up the Infinity 67 controller. The extra features are pretty cool but still need some refining. I can change all the setting from my phone, hourly, daily and weekly graphs are cool too.

Just smoked a bone and I'm stilling here think about my grow room.. I'm ready to install my infinity t8 (still waiting on the louvered vent). Got me think where the hell in the fresh air gonna come in the room? This is directed at folks that have homemade grow room. How do allow fresh air to come in the room?
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, what DeadlyFruit said.

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        I was think something along those lines. Are you using an air-conditioning filter?

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing quite that complex for me. I think it was a filter for registers that is meant to pick up dust - it came in a sheet and I cut it to size. It’s a long way from a hepa filter but it does the job. So far no weird bugs or molds. That reminds me, it is probably about time I replaced it.

I should add that my room is in the garage so it isn’t connected to my central heat and A/C. I have a portable A/C unit I can take in there if I need it but I stopped growing indoors in the summer which is the only time it would have been necessary. No need to grow indoors during summer when the biggest grow light of them all is free!
        Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 08-17-2021, 05:19 PM.

Our grow room is in our shed, so I bring in fresh air from outside thru a 8 inch hepa filter. I haven't turned it on yet during this grow. I'm trying a closed system approach. In your case being in your house, I would definitely draw from another room as mentioned above.
      DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
      TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
      Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
      10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
      50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
      8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
      2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
      w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
      2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
      2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
      GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
      Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
      . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
      Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Living in Michigan we have fridgid winters and oppressive heat in summer but in spring and fall temps most days are perfect for pulling in fresh air from outside. In my exhaust I used 2 dampers one in line that feeds out through exterior wall and one in line to vent into back room on main floor of my house keeping the inside exhaust around 30 feet from the intake. For bringing air in I got a filter housing that measures 20x25x5 from Home Depot. I ran 2 ducts for bringing in air that can be attached to tubes to get air from basement floor level since both CO2 and cold air sink to the floor. Or can be attached to 2 tubes that are mounted to a unit I made that fits into one of my basement windows. In the 4th picture you can see those tubes are connected by short piece of duct that helps in storage but is actually used when night time temps will be to cold to bring in outside air I put it in keeping air from being drawn in and change dampers to just circulate air through the house. I also have a short piece of duct with a cap on it for times when I want to cap one of the lines from that unit to moderate temp of incoming air by drawing from both inside and outside at same time.
        Last edited by Poppa; 08-17-2021, 01:38 PM. Reason: Added pics of my air intake

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice set up. I appreciate the feed back. I was just on the HD website and pick out the same or very similar (20"×25") filter. I was thinking of framing out a spot down low on the wall for it. My basement stays pretty cool through out the summer.

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          You will want to build some type of box or some such outside of the room to feed to the filter housing to keep light out. I painted inside black had air enter box at top and leave through bottom of box through filter by the floor in my room. Added pics of my box to the post to show what I did.

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          Also I tend to get my filters from Menards they sell a merv 11 that filters pollen and such for under 25 usd

Just ditched my tents as well. Wish I would have done it sooner lol. Nice thread to give me ideas in making my room better. I'm terrible at planning and building stuff lmao and don't trust people to build a grow room. To many crackhead where I live. I'll wake up one day and all my shit will be gone.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          I really enjoy planning it all out and doing the work myself. It's work but relaxing at the same time.
          We have our fair share of crackheads out here. Though heroine and pills has taken over.

Poppa I picked up a pair of 20" x 24" merv 8 filters. I'm putting 2 of them back to back. They didn't have merv 11 at my local hardware store. I'll have to check out Amazon.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

***Update*** We are up and running! Filter and wall register installed, Infinity exhaust installed, lights installed. Still need to paint the brown paneling but that can be later. Germinated 4 GG4 and 1 Paul's Purple Peyote a few days ago. Also just dropped 5 Mister Fuzion (First Republic seeds) in a cup of water. Still have some odds and ends to do but for the most part I'm done! Pretty happy with the outcome.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job! Nice and clean. Like the UCONN sticker on the cabinet.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Another great example of a true lover of growing What space i mean you could grow veggies in there along with weed? Even throw a dwarf citrus of some sort. This is a dream of a grow space.

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice place to grow. Kind of looks like one of those interrogation rooms in a movie.

Bowhunterwoody #Huskies! SoOrbudgal Ckbrew MeEasy I appreciate the kind words. This room has been on my mind since I started growing. I figured with winter coming I'd be nice to have a larger space to do it in.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep you've earned it

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats stool is a great idea!! I have one in my garage for my Harley but I didn't even think about one for the grow room. Thanks Poppa

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey PLreef. Hurley can recruit!

Bowhunterwoody, haha sure could!
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X