Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning Growers: INGS is running rampant .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning Growers: INGS is running rampant .

As I reach the final 4 weeks of my current grow, I find myself coming down with the dreaded INGS. This is a widely diagnosed syndrome within the grower community and has resulted in numerous rash decisions and mental anguish as well as personal recrimination. Yes, Impatient Nervous Grower Syndrome has claimed many victims over the years and I am sure that many of you have experienced it in one form or another.

There comes a time in every grow when you have done what you can do and its all up genetics. The best you can do is provide water and nutrients and regular conversation (I raise very intelligent plants). Yet even though you know that you have done what you can, the urge to be more proactive is almost overwhelming. There is always the Siren Call to try to improve your grow, to tweak it just a touch, even though you KNOW that the best you can do at this point is to leave things alone.

The only known treatment for INGS is to light up a bowl and plan your next grow. There is no known cure. I am standing up to be counted as one of those who is not ashamed of suffering from this syndrome and willing to reach out to others who bear the burdens of this silent disease. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

INGS is often followed by ETS (Empty Tent Syndrome) another incurable disease that can be almost as debilitating. Unfortunately the treatment for ETS often results in a reoccurrence INGS.

"The bus stopped and I got on and that's how it all began"
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

I too have suffered this ailment and found that a jar of good, cured Northern lights eases the pain.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeesh. A nearly done NL auto is giving me a mild case of INGS right now.

Other than my first grow, I'm lazy enough where I only look for problems. This is EXCELLENT advice, thanks for sharing!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I’m afraid I too have had INGS, however my cupboard was empty so it went untreated and I developed HUACS. The sufferers of this particular syndrome are often found in their tents, a loupe glued to their eye staring at trichomes for hours whispering ‘hurry up and cloud’ - hence HUACS.
      The saddest part is I’m about a week from harvest at least, so no smoke for a month! I may be on the verge of FFSHUACS...I think you can guess.

Comment

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        Does it have something to do with The Drive Of Shame?

• Glenganja
        Glenganja commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an excellent therapist (see my avatar) who prescribes long walks to take my mind off it...and there’s no harm in a break now and again, at least that’s what I tell myself.

Not only I suffer from INGS once in a while but also I suffer from TMS syndrome on top of that. Yeah the damn TMS that keep me awake at night before a beginning of a new grow. You must have experience it at one point right ? The famous T(oo) M(any) S(trains) disease. I'm having it right now !! What should I do ? Seeking help from people who had it.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Feel free to send all TMS to me. I think I have the cure.

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't help you - I have 15 different varieties running at the moment and that's just the ones that are live and above ground:
        Crockett's Tangie, Blueberry, Kosher Kush, Northern Lights auto, Dark Devil auto, CBDV 1:1 auto, Wedding Cake, Peyote Z----z, Alien Technology, Purple Kush, Super Lemon Haze, Pineapple Express, GSC, Lavender, and PPD!

I've got a PInk Kush CBD drying and seeds of Chemdawg and Holy Punch that likely won't pop and will be replaced with more CBD stuff.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have INGS, I just cant wait for it to be over. I do have TMS syndrome already though - sativas and photos in starters. I read your links, Farmbuck. Hopefully if I pulled off the first disaster grow, with a lot of wonderful guidance & advice here, I can grow this un-purchasable weed that I need. Fingers crossed, advice welcome before they leave the starting gate - Aero-Garden. Thanks.

Yes I too Suffer in silence thank you for bringing this problem to light..........
      Tent 1 4X4X7 VIVOSUN Tent, 2 1000W LEDS, 6in Exhaust W/ 2 18IN Carbon filters 2 inside fans, Cool mist humidifier, Fox Farms Ocean Forest, FF Nutes
      2 BCN Critical XXL, 2 Blueberry Gum, 2 Hindu Kush all in Flower Autos

Tent 2 "3x3 IPower Tent 1000w LED 4IN Exhaust w/ 2 14 in carbon filters 2 inside fans Cool mist humidifier Fox Farm Ocean Forest" FF Nutes Clean and ready for next grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X