Bud rot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud rot

I had bud rot, pulled plants some not covered. Can you use the bud rot buds and run through a distiller using 190 proof alcohol without getting the rot to attach to the thc? Or taste like rot.

Best to just trash the buds with rot - unless one wants to end up in your local emergency hospital.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I've just gone through 2 weeks of hot, humid weather. Been fighting bud rot all week. Do not use buds with rot for anything. If u find rot, cut it off the plant and throw away. Take it away from the plants as the spores will float in the air. Change environment as best as you can to lower humidity and temperature. If the plant is old enough, Cut & run. Harvest what you can out of it. If it gets away from you, sterilize the plant like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BURNED ROT A.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	526559

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Great method LOL

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, bud rot has always been an issue for me on every outdoor grow,
        Agree with the others, best suggestion is to remove the infected sections and try to modify the environmental conditions that are creating the problem in the first place.
        This year I've made a simple hoop-house out of pvc pipe and mylar.
        So far it looks very promising.
        To the original poster, that is one of the saddest parts of growing...having to trash your hard work.

I hate bud rot, I have used "Trifecta Crop Control" pricey shit but it does work, I also added fans yes outside, took everything within 18" of the ground off and any leaf that touched another. It also claims to be safe to harvest, I can say it did not change the flavor of the product. I dont like spraying buds either but if its between harvest and no harvest, I choose harvest.
      Good luck and like said toss anything with any mold on it. The spoors are not killed by heat/cold, nor can they be filtered out, be safe!

Comment

Yes it's a problem for some. I also see it but not as bad as you high humidity areas. I get it late season, cooler misty temps. I have a canopy i set up for them.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My question is, as bud rot can’t be smoked, does the mold attach itself to the thc molecules, I only cook with the results from a distillation using 190 proof alcohol. After carboxylation and grinding I soak in a beaker of 190 proof alcohol then catch only the product after being distilled. alcohol attaches to the thc molecules within the cannabis. The question is will the process of extraction of THC only, pick up the mold taste in the extraction or any bad residue from the mold?

Comment

The mold will be extracted with all the oils, it will not die if frozen or heated(smoked), it will be in the finished product, be safe.

Comment

I'm with Rwise on this one.
              You will extract any of the funk from the infected bud and if you're immuno-compromised it can be bad.
              Bottom line... it's your body.
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Mold per say, is not the main problem with ingesting infected plants. Molds produce toxins which are very potent and harmful to people and animals. You can kill the mold, but you can not separate the existing toxins from the plant, and you can not render the toxins harmless. Don't mess with it.
                Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X