Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I NEED HELP WITH CLONING with AEROPONIC CLONER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I NEED HELP WITH CLONING with AEROPONIC CLONER!!!

Hey everyone, I sincerely want to thank every single one of you for reading this, and if you can give any advice that would be extremely helpful!

I am a super noob at growing cannabis, currently, I am growing (Grease Monkey) using hydroponics, DWC system, using General Hydroponics Nutes, Calimagic, Hydroguard & Great White for root rot control, and they are month 3 in vege growing super strong and I want to take 7-8 clones before I turn into flower.

I have Clone King, which is an aeroponic cloner with 32 sites and I want to take an attempt cloning with this cus I did hear a lot of good things about aeroponic cloners. (I built my dwc system with parts but I didnt want to build my own aeroponics cus I want it as close to 100% as possible)

So, I have few questions, I really want these 7-8 clones to root, possibly within 2 weeks, and I want to make it perfect as possible!

1. I am going to try to maintain 68-72 degrees using IceProbe Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller. This apparently chills pretty well especially I only need it for 2-3 gallons of water inside the cloner, so I think this would keep it 68-72 degrees no problem. Any ideas about this because I don't have any better option in terms of money spent than going with this one here.

2. Some sites and forums suggest using hydrogen peroxide or chlorine inside the water to keep the bacteria off bay. I do have hydroguard and great white which i use them to keep the bad bacteria off bay, Do I use hydroguard or greatwhite in the water? Or do I go with hydrogen peroxide or chlorine route. Can I just use tap water (which has chlroine in it) and switch water out maybe every 2-3 days? What are your suggestions regarding the water solution at the beginning? Once I do see roots then I can add in clonex solution or rapid start and give them some food but is it necessary to add nutes from the start? What is the best PH range?

3. Is there anything I should feed the mother plant more of before taking clones? Some say to use more bloom nutrients with Phosphorus, I need more info on this.

For the cuttings (5-8 inches) I am going to use clonex gel, cut the leaves 1/3, and stick em inside the cloner as soon as possible while its running.
    What timer do you run in the aeroponics? 5min on 5 min off? 15 min on 15 min off?

Please let me know how to make this happen, I really need clones to root as I dont want to fail, I put in massive investment trying to root them close to 80-100% I dont mind even 50% success at this point. Thank you all and I appreciate any advice!

*The pictures show branches of few possible clones, they are only 3-6 inches long, I am going to wait until they are 5-8 inches long which is probably in the next week or 2*
    *its branching out cus I fimmed it at the top*

Hopefully someone will come along and answer these questions. I don't see many of these cloners because most of us just do clones in a simplier fashion but i have seen folks use aero cloner? I'm not a DWC person, i grow in soil so not much help. Just thought i'd stop and take a look at the mother whom you want to take clones from. I take clones from different sites on the plant. All the clones i've made have had no special treatment on the parent plant.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

First chlorine is harmful to roots. I haven't used one of these but did read up when thinking about it. Here is what I have book marked. https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...es-aero-cloner

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apologies Poppa, I didn't see you had that link up already!

• Poppa
        Poppa commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem Catfish22 maybe it being posted twice will get it read.

There is at least one regular forum member who uses one. I use water in a cup like NebulaHaze taught.

Maybe this will help:

by Nebula Haze Cloning with an aerocloner is a way to quickly create a bunch of “free” cannabis plants. The main idea behind cloning is to cut off a piece of a specific plant then force that piece or “cutting” to grow roots. At that point, you have a new cannabis plant that’s essentially an...

Someone will cruise by and have your answers! Happy farming. 🙂🌱
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Thanks for the responces.. What is the real success rate for clones? Just wondering..

Comment

I'm happy in my success rate for clones. I don't clone many at a time just what i can use or trade. Mine root 99% of the time, takes about a month.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hello, I use an aero clone with 100% success. I put only a little nutrients EC 0.5 and GHE Pro Roots in the water, water temperature 76F, I spray nonstop and the whole thing is covered. Then I'm just waiting and it's the easiest and fastest way to clone. The roots are out for 10 days. A little fertilizer and beneficial mushrooms are enough for mother plants.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Balu; 07-22-2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X