No announcement yet.

July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Gorilla Glue is a freaking beast and should’ve went into flower a couple weeks ago. She absolutely loves the AutoPot and looks like she’s getting the tent to herself. I’ve had to stop training her because she’s as wide as the space she’s in will allow. She’s almost 40” around

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Starting to look familiar? Lol This is definitely the biggest plant I’ve ever had going into flower and it’s looking like another week or more before she can move into the flower tent. Once in the 4x4 I’m thinking of spreading her out then putting a net in the tent for support after I defoliate week 3. See how close she can get to PPP

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      She is indeed a beauty...well done!

Another personel best eh? She's gonna fill out that 4x4
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Moved a few things to get a good look at her. She’s getting kinda scary looking 😂

Comment

We’re getting settled in tonight. Doing a few modifications for the AutoPot setup. Put a tray in the tent that’ll hold 25 gallons incase there’s any issues so I don’t have to worry about water damage in the basement. First time I’ve ever had to move furniture to get a plant from A to B. Going to give her a haircut tomorrow then flip to flower 😁

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          The bud spinner will be priceless come harvest time

Got her stripped down tonight and the timer set to 12/12. I was able to get the canopy down to 24” above soil and she’s almost 4ft in diameter. Running 2 ES180’s this run, currently 30” above canopy and the dial turned up to 60%.

I did not plan on giving the PPP a go this run, it just worked out that way. Even on smaller plants I’ve been using BU2B’s technique on manifolds since his tutorial. Stick a GG#4 who’s been a beast since she poked her head above ground in a AutoPot with a 12wk veg and you end up with one of his beastly looking plants 👍🏻👍🏻

Definitely see why you need root control discs in AutoPots. I’ve used fabric pots for a long time but I’ve never had the roots grow through the pots….until now And we just now flipping her 😂😱😂

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Time for the fireworks

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          😂😂😂 yea this may get interesting

Been patient with these two. For anyone who’s never grown Purple Kush - this strain grows really slow and doesn’t get big at all. These two plants sprouted July 26th and they’re just now reaching the edges of 3 gallon pots. However, if you have issues shutting down and going to sleep, Purple Kush is a excellent before bed smoke. I have these two 4-way’d, they’ll be going under screens and I’ll be lucky to get 4oz between the two going by past experience with this strain. Hopefully the next grow will be bigger now that I’m using AutoPots but that’ll be a bit. Growing Girl Scout Cookies photos next round since all my GSC autos outside went the bud rot route

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          My manifolded Purple Kush is only slightly ahead of yours. I made a huge mistake trying to grow it before in hydro in the same tote with other varieties and she got smothered.

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          Great smoke though huh? Shit cooks me but I’m out shortly afterwards

• UndergroundFarmer
          Editing a comment
          I'll find out in a few months! That poor thing I tried to grow only yielded one larfy nug. I'll be looking forward to having some good PK for sleep then. For now, I've got Kosher Kush and Blueberry when they finally dry out properly.

Got the White Widow ready for flower. She’ll be going into the tent with the Blue Dreams once the lights come on later. Checkout the growth in this plant, there’s colas everywhere, it’s insane!!!

For anyone who followed the ScrOG grow I did, here’s a quick version on an older plant. Main thing is that you train it low and wide throughout the veg cycle, otherwise a lot of supercropping to get it down. I’m using a 18”x18” screen. I’d liked to have used a 24”x24” but there’s not enough room in the tent

First I released the bindings and fluffed her up a little bit. After that I removed all the fan leaves only I didn’t strip the stems down as if I was lollipoping for a manifold (leave every bud site to the base for now) Once I defoliated I pushed the tomato ring down into the soil and pulled all the stems to the outside of the ring. I didn’t measure this one but it’s probably 6-7” above soil. Next lay screen down so it’s evenly displaced over the ring. This next step is important ANCHOR screen to your pot, I like zip ties. I gently start to move everything around to fill the screen and I forgot to take a pic of this step but I bring everything up through the screen so I can get a look at how full it is and where there’s any gaps. Lastly I pull everything back down and reposition if needed.

*** Remember, the key to this style is to keep everything below the screen and growing out so all that little stuff will turn into big dense nugs like the tops.
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 09-19-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          Editing a comment
          That's definitely a different approach to manifolding. I'm training mine more to resemble a World Series trophy with a ring of eight colas and good luck getting them all the same height!

The White Widow is now in the 2x4 with a couple Blue Dream finishing up. Have them under a ES300 at 50%. I’ll leave it there until they finish up. First time I’ve grown Blue Dream, these two are both sensitive to light. They don’t like it too strong.

Tent was open so I snapped a day after defoliation and suppercropping. She didn’t seem to mind much

Comment

Not even through the first week of 12/12 and she’s already grown over 4”. The White Widow has pretty much filled the screen already. Im not used to this look, girls looking lonely to me 😂

Comment

Added two Purple Kush to the 2x4 and had the room so I removed the 18”x18” screen and put a 22”x24” down. 24” wide buckled when I zipped the tent.

Comment

The GG has grown a little over 10” on average since flip. I readjusted the bindings yesterday and pulled her down to spread her out as much as possible to lower the canopy some. Those mains on the outside are hard and woody but I got her down a little.
              Never had roots grow through a fabric pot before. I just prune them off so they don’t affect the AutoPot valve. She doesn’t seem to mind

The WW has about filled the screen and the Purple Kush are coming along nice. I may get a couple oz’s off each plant this time👍🏻

I’m filling the reservoir every Sunday then adding nutes and ph’ng the water. Whenever the Purple Kush need watered I open the tap at the end of the line and they get it straight from the reservoir. Now that training is over and we’re just flowering, other than Sunday, I spend less than 5min in my grow room each evening. Seriously, so far this setup has been stupid easy and now that I have the ph drift under control no issues.

Comment

Day 20, I’m busy this weekend so I went ahead and gave her a trim tonight. Still may take some of the lower outer stuff that I’m noticing in these pics. I always wonder if I took enough, then before I know it Ive taken too much. Tonight I stepped away to prevent that, tomorrow I’ll reevaluate.

I’ve never used this net but thought it would come in handy to help spread her out more and provide some support. Some of the side branches are already leaning over and there’s a long way to go. The main branches are too hard and woody to do much with but it helped to direct all the smaller growth in the center so it’s not all bunched up.

I’ll get the White Widow sometime in the next days. These two girls can drink. I filled the reservoir Sunday with 12 gallons, last night it was almost empty so I put 6 gallons in to get me through to Sunday. Tonight it looks like there’s maybe 2 gallons left in the reservoir. These girls be thirsty 😂

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! Yea a learned quickly that a perpetual grow using AutoPots needs to be done a little different. They get big lol

• MagicMike66
                  MagicMike66 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man she’s looking great! Can’t wait to see how she turns out. This is making me want to grow a tree too

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  I just hope I have enough juice. She’s under 360w which The Electric Sunshine Co says is comparable to a 600w HPS but you know how that goes

Day 33, afraid I may have taken too much off…still early so we’ll see but this one may end up being a disappointment

Comment

Luckily it’s nearly impossible to screw up a ScrOG when done properly. This one has been neglected. She doesn’t care

Comment

First purple showing on the Purple Kush. These are pretty plants and a great smoke, just tiny

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X