July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 39 for the Gorilla Glue, day 33 for the White Widow and Purple Kush

When I decided to give the GG the tent, I was hoping to get 12oz from it. When I grow 4-6 plants under these two ES180’s I average 18oz a grow so I thought 12oz would doable. We still have a few weeks to fatten up but it’s not looking like 12oz to me, I’m guessing 8, we’ll see. I think I took too much off when I stripped it week 3. That’s my usual demise with manifolds.

BU2B I’d like your thoughts on where I f’d up my PPP attempt. I know GG isn’t a huge producer but I thought the size of the plant would make up for that

Comment

Hi bboyfromwayback. I've had a little hiatus from growing but am soooo close to being able to grow again and will be growing in Autopots. I ran across the system a couple of years ago trying to find a way to auto water my plants as pre-covid I was on the road a lot. Autopots are the simplest way to grow IMHO. No moving parts. Easy to maintain PH and add nutes. Very user friendly.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude, this system is the berries IMO. I honestly don’t even feel like I have a grow going right now. I was filling the reservoir twice a week but they’re slowing down now, put 18g in last Tuesday and didn’t refill until yesterday evening. Other than that I crack the tents open in the evening, give a quick scan to verify everything is operational, do a quick ph check in the res then I’m out. I asked Santa for ph monitoring/adjusting system for Christmas, hopefully he comes through. Then we’ll be on complete cruise control 😂

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        bboyfromwayback I hope Santa comes through. I have a Blue Labs PH controller for the Rez. Works like a champ but Santa didn't bring it...LOL!

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        That’s the one I sent her, I mean him lol

I’ve had an auto pot system in my garage since I started growing a couple of years ago. Yet to use it but I have been considering getting it out and having a try. Your comment above is making me seriously consider it. My environment is now spot on, it’s just the feeding part that is a pain in the ass.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        You sound like me because I bought mine a couple years ago but never used it. Creature of habit I guess. My advice, CONVERT you won’t regret it. The only issue I see due to my climate is the humidity is higher than I’d like. It won’t be a issue soon once the heater starts running but next spring/summer I’ll probably have to switch the the plastic pots. The soil stays damp to about 1” below the surface at all times so I definitely see why AutoPots warns about humidity in the fabric pots. Once this grow is complete I’ll do a review post on the forum with what I like and helpful upgrades I’ve done along with mistakes snd corrections for anyone else like us who’ve had the system but never used it. IMO AutoPots really do make growing weed easy 😂

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        @MagicMike66...me thinks you won't be disappointed if you end up using the Autopot system.

Day 47 for the Glue. Although I think I’ll be short of my 12oz goal I still won’t have to grow Gorilla Glue for a quite some time. She’s sticky icky and pungent.

Water consumption is way down, I put 8 gallons in the reservoir on Saturday and there’s still about a 1/2 gallon left. Just added 12g with week 7 nutes, should be good for 10 days or so 👍🏻 Feels weird and like I’m forgetting something to not be using molasses right now

The net works great. Be nice if I had two of them to support the smaller branches down low but so for its keep them tall ones up
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 11-04-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Mass isn't all that big of a deal when potency is maxed out. My GSC I cut down two weeks ago didn't set any records for filling jars but it left me good and faded on the initial smoke test.

Looks like you got two standard references in one there.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I agree and usually it’s no concern. My only peeve on this grow is the wasted electricity. Under the same 360w I average around 18oz with my usual setup of 4-6 plants of multiple strains. We’re out of Gorilla Glue and it’s a fav so Im happy we should have plenty of top shelf Glue soon. I’ll just need to tighten things up before I attempt another big plant

Day 54….Gorilla Glue is chunky, thick frosty nugs all over. The Purple Kush surprised me. Looking like a good 5oz between the two plants so I’m glad I let them veg a little longer. I don’t believe the White Widow likes it under the center of the ES300. Noticed it last time I grew WW and moved it. This grow I’m doing as little as possible so I left it. Still frosty, just yellow

Comment

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          very nice!

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          very nice!

Day 60 and the last evening under the lights for this girl. I plan on harvesting Saturday. Big chunky buds all over.

By far the less time consuming grow I’ve ever had. The Gorilla Glue didn’t mind the ph fluctuations but the White Widow was more finicky. I’ll tighten that up next grow, hopefully sometime after Christmas

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a great looking plant. She's purty. I can only aspire...

That bloomed out very well. nice.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! Should be ready just in time for Christmas and New Years

She’s a wrap. For all the die hard hand-trimmers I took 28 stems that vary between 12-18” in length to hand trim nice and pretty, the rest I spun

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Well done

Should be ready just in time for Xmas 👍🏻

Comment

Well, to my surprise I got 326g off the Gorilla Glue 😱 😱 😱 no doubt this plant could have produced well over 1lb. I’ll be trying this again in the near future with a big producing strain and less stripping.

Comment

We’re on day 61 for the Purple Kush and White Widow, still no amber though mostly white with little clear.

I don’t think the White Widow was down with the ph fluctuations. The Gorilla Glue didn’t seem to mind but WW seems to be a bit pickier. I’ve been watering the Purple Kush from the reservoir but only after checking/adjusting the ph. I hope to have the fluctuation in check next run. I could have spent more time in the grow room adjusting ph daily this grow but I wanted this run to be as hands free as possible to see how it would go.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X