Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Yellow/Brown spots

Hi all,

I’m a new grower and some of my plants started to develop yellow spots on the leaves and it seems to be getting worse. The ph is perfect, so I’m trying to figure out if this is light burn or a nutrient deficiency. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m growing 3 autoflowering plants in a 4x2 grow tent. Air is well ventilated. Plants are DWC in 5 gallon buckets. Nutrients are RX Green Solutions Grow & Bloom & CalMag. Light is a Spider Farmer SF-2000 Led. The light is about 18” from the canopy (can’t go any higher). I recently turned the light down to about 70% power just in case it was from the light.

Hey davel160
    Looks like insect damage. Examine leaves with a loupe or magnifier. Spider mites are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. They are tough little bastards.
    Good luck with your grow.
    ☮️

Comment

Originally posted by VN1970 View Post
      Hey davel160
      Looks like insect damage. Examine leaves with a loupe or magnifier. Spider mites are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. They are tough little bastards.
      Good luck with your grow.
      ☮️
      Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll take a look. Are those common even inside a grow tent and with no soil? Also, my two other plants in the tent have no spots, so I didn’t even suspect mites.

Comment

• VN1970
        VN1970 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also grow in hydro indoors. Last year I made the mistake of visiting my outdoor vegetable garden picking some tomatoes. I then tended my indoor hydro garden and spread the mites onto my girls. They started just like yours and spread pretty rapidly to all plants.
        Now I wash my hands and arms thoroughly before I tend the girls and I NEVER tend the outside garden first.
        Good luck with your grow!
        ☮️

• VN1970
        VN1970 commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost forgot (toke toke), check Grow Weed Easy pages on spider mites.
        ☮️

Doesn’t look like a bug infestation to me..

I guess when you are growing hydro you have everything under control with the nutrients ?
      could be a cal deficiency - but i somehow doubt it a bit.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
        Doesn’t look like a bug infestation to me..

I guess when you are growing hydro you have everything under control with the nutrients ?
        could be a cal deficiency - but i somehow doubt it a bit.
        I am using RX green solutions and some CalMag. I was following the recommended feed chart at first, but then realized the reservoir was at about 400ppm (and I’m at about week 5 or 6?). I upped the nutrients to about 600ppm two days ago. Maybe it should be more but I didn’t want to shock the plant or anything, and also didn’t know if the plant being an auto flower made any difference on the amounts?

Thanks!

Looking for a cannabis feed chart? Click to view our feed chart for cannabis cultivation today!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          This you need a experienced hydro to answer that.
          I know there a lot in here, and they will definitely see the post 👍🏻

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I do not grow in hydro but i do know what different leaf discolors are on most of my MJ plants i have in soil. To me those leaf look over done with the solutions your using, something they don't like is causing it. Yes autos are way more sensitive to nute levels.

I wouldn't say it's mites either, it seems to me like a lack of cal-mag
        the lower leaves already have spots and it starts on the new upper ones

Comment

Originally posted by Balu View Post
          I wouldn't say it's mites either, it seems to me like a lack of cal-mag
          the lower leaves already have spots and it starts on the new upper ones
          Yea, the more images I see of calcium or magnesium deficiencies the more I think it might be that. They look almost identical. I was giving them CalMag but maybe my nutes were off and locking one of them out. Not sure. I changed the reservoir yesterday and adjusted everything so hopefully that helps. Thanks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X