Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer here, all outdoor grown from seed they are female. Any suggestions or tips to keep them healthy they are around 4 weeks old.

Welcome Harmontown89 without any kind of grow specs it is very difficult to give advise. Read a few other posts and you will see what we need to help you. Off hand I think they are very small for 4 weeks and they look hungry for nutes. If you are using coco coir as a medium there is no nutritional value in it . Tell us more....
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Harmontown89
      Harmontown89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Since I am an absolute newbie, which specs would you like me to provide?

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Harmontown89 literally everything. Medium, nutes, pH, strain, light period. Without knowing what you are doing it makes it impossible to tell you what you are doing wrong. Most of your questions can be answered on the main site. https://www.growweedeasy.com/link-gu...owing-cannabis.

Looking good. You must be keeping those girls very happy to be 4 weeks old and have cotlydons holding on like that.

Comment

Are they in their final pots? If they are, I'd drill about 50 1/4 inch holes in the side of each pot. The roots need air
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Harmontown89
        Harmontown89 commented
        Editing a comment
        They are not in their final pots, would like to know when it’s pertinent to move to larger pots. That would b extremely helpful.

What size are those pots, and what's in the soil?
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Harmontown89
        Harmontown89 commented
        Editing a comment
        They are three inch pots currently and the soil is regular potting soil. Complete newb here. Lol

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Transplant up to bigger containers and use an organic gardening soil mix, at least, with 1/3 perlite added for aeration. You can pull the plant out of the cup to see the roots, they are probably all wound around the sides. The plants usually need nutrients after a month in regular potting soil, when you transplant up into a better soil mixture they'll get more nutrition. Read the GWE main site for beginners, you have some nice girls started and a nice spot for them to grow. Good luck.

Time to move to a bigger pot!

Comment

Do you guys have a suggestion on what size pots? Going tomorrow to get some and any idea on any nutrients I should get as well

Comment

A lot of the leaves are yellowing I’m assuming they aren’t in big enough pots and not draining correctly

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          All photoperiod plants that will finish outdoors? I'd get 7 gallon fabric minimum, for now. Depending on what soil mix you buy you might not need nutes yet, new soil feeds the unleashed roots. Don't have enough info. Sorry.

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you been watering with excessive runoff? If so then you may have washed the nutes out of the soil and need to start feeding it. What is pH of the water going in? Also yes get bigger pots and good growing medium with plenty of drainage and aeration.

I like big pots (130 gallon or so), more soil more roots, more roots more yield.

Comment

Yes all the plants will b outside till it’s starts getting cold. I have a green house with all the necessary lights and equipment. I will check the ph 2m and will make note. Moving them 2m into bigger pots with holes for drainage. Thank you all will keep you guys posted. Puglover1 you and the rest are helping me immensely. I’m tryna explain the best I know how

Comment

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              homegrown I saw that but I couldn't find the plant in the next pic, near potted grass. Hopefully it got pulled or separated.

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              think its the plant on far right of pic Puglover1

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, yeah. Turning his maleness away from the camera.

That’s a huge bummer If that’s a male I thought early determination on a sex of a plant was two pistils on the stem and that’s what I’ve been going by this whole time

Comment

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes its a male...if its any consolation, hes got a lotta balls! You might want to decide his fate sooner than later.....Dont want him mess'n around with your girls. And i think your referring to Stipules on the stem. Females tend to cross or grow towards each other and males grow straight up or spread apart.

Hahahaaa he certainly does lmao. He’s been pulled out of the rotation far away from the other. My only issue is now for the remaining plants I have I’m unsure of the sex. If you wouldn’t mind could you point me into where I should look? Or if I provided photos of each plant where should I take the photo so maybe you could tell me if it’s a male or female of your wouldn’t mind. Even though I mixed up pistils and stipules I’m prettyish familiar with the other parts of the plant if you needed to direct me where to take the photo

Comment

Have a look at this Harmontown89 https://www.growweedeasy.com/preflowers
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

I’ve read that before I must just be mixing information up thank you for your help

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X