1st Scrog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Scrog

1st Scrog as the title says, just wanted to get some pointers from any of tou that do Scrog. Wondering if I did it correctly? Do I have to keep them shorter next time? Did I take too much off the bottom? I won’t defoliate the top because I’ve noticed when I do that the plants seem to slow down in growth. I also learned with living soils it’s best not to defoliate but it looks like I may have to take some off to let the rest of the tops come up.

Hey Cali I haven't done scrog but I think your plants look Great ! I'm curious about your mulch. Is that wheat straw? I would be concerned about pests and mold. Just sayin'... Good harvest!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I believe it is. I went to a feed store and just got a bag for 5 bucks. What do you mean pests? Do they like living in it or worried about bringing them in from where I got it from? I did have thrips my last run but I didn’t have this mulch just plastic tarp over the soil. I bought beneficial insects and they kept them in check. Then I just started my next run right away I didn’t clean the tent or anything and this time around haven’t seen any but I already got my beneficials to make sure nothing goes in. About $35 for Cucumeris and rove beetles not bad to keep my plants healthy till harvest. I have noticed in the past the rovebeyhles love living in the straw come to think of it I don’t know how they got in there because I just bought some last run never before. Anyways thanks for your reply.

Comment

I've maybe done 2 real scrogs in my time growing weed. It was before i learned about lollipopping the lower half like you've done. I don't think from what good scrogs i've seen, that you removed too much i don't think you did. When you flip that's the stretch for pre flower will follow or may start before the switch, that's when you tuck down more at this point taking off more spindly leaf may promote more leaf sites?? I use to place clean straw on my outdoor pots to hold down evaportation.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The bottom looks fine to me👍🏻
          are they still in veg stage or did you flip the switch to 12/12?

As budgal is saying - the stretch could do you need to maybe move the scrog net a bit up, or do you have enough space to tuck them in under the net again ? When the stretch happen ?
          of course is there is any stretch with the strain you are using.
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Well I may have some space but not sure I can tuck them under because the stems seem stiff, well most of them. I thought once I flipped I didn’t have to tuck them under the net anymore? Yes I have flipped already some budletts are showing I will post more pics soon.

Comment

You can always add a second screen 6 inches above that. You could expect those to get 9 inches above that first screen as is. Or you may have to yo-yo like I do (tie strings from the top to upright colas after they begin to fall under own weight). Great work.

Comment

I believe the stretch is over? Buds are coming in was hoping for more growth. Although I was bending them still for the first week of flower period. They are in week 2. Defoliated but no so much, I can hardly tell.

Comment

Just a bump. To update and share some pics maybe about a week left. Looks to be fox tailing but thrics say they need more time. Do I dim the lights to minimize foxtails?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You sure can dim i have done so with the last indoor grow i did an it helped but i also go for that longer harvest time to get those trichs good an amber. This new QB i got really is great very strong brightness. Those pics are screaming out almost chop time. Great growing Cali really nice just beautiful.

Hi Cali , Lookin great so far!

Here's an excellent Scrog Grow log by bboyfromwayback with loads of pics and advice on the technique.

I have yet to find a ScrOG tutorial that I 1) agree with and 2) wasn’t a little confused after reading it. There’s one on GWE that’s ok (LBH’s ScrOG tutorial) it starts off really easy to follow until his plant goes under a screen then it gets a little murky from there. As I was doing my second topping this morning it

Good luck on a great harvest!
                  My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                  I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                  Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X