What to do from here - autos and photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do from here - autos and photos

👋 all! Hoping for a little guidance on where to go from here. Newbie with one previous single plant harvest where I seemingly learned the hard way 😆

History of current situation:
    11 plants from 12 random bagseeds. Was hoping to get lucky with 4, maybe 5 good females. Sprouted indoors under 18/6 and once I replanted I moved them outside until we could finish up their room. It was May and we were getting just over 13.5ish hrs of daylight at the time.

They we're out there for about 2 weeks and I started to notice pistils on most of them. Thought maybe it was forcing flower so we hurried up and got them back indoors. I shifted them to 20/4, hoping to get them vegging happily. No dice. For 9 of them, budding never stopped and I realized I guess I've got some autos? Moved them to 18/6 since that seems to be the general consensus and left them there.

Everyone started flowering like mad, except for two. Those just kept growing, getting massive. But zero signs of sex. I started to worry that because of the size they maybe were males so I decided to bring them back outside since days are getting shorter and maybe I could get some indication on whether i gotta chop and toss or not.

Well, it's been a full week of them being outside and they're not particularly happy. The heat and humidity has been pretty gross here, temps in the upper 80s/90s and lots of rain. I've moved them out of the rain each time but I'm seeing some yellow bottom leaves now which were all previously super healthy. One plant has tons of 11 blade leaves, so I know it was much happier before.

Just yesterday, to my surprise, I saw a some pistils on both so now I'm in a conundrum. My grow room is pretty solid and the auto girls are thriving. I know these other two would prefer being back down there, but I don't want to cut the light on my others and not sure the risk of more stress by bringing these back into 18/6.

I'm just worried for a couple of reasons to leave them outside. Is there any way to relieve heat stress outdoors? My girl last year was outside and I dealt with so many issues...bud worm, light leaks and reveg from my neighbor's outdoor motion lights, just not ideal by any means.

Do I:
    1) Keep them out until I harvest, then move them back and hope like hell they survive without getting too stressed?

2) Bring them back in since it's early into flower yet and just let them keep growing under 18/6 until my autos are done, which is going to be at least a few weeks?

3) Some other brilliant option?

Pics from a couple days ago.

​​​​​​

A Silica additive to waterings can help with heat stress. This has been a really strange year so far tho. And I lived thru 2020. I use Silica Blast, but there are many others. It's supposed to replace what the plant would use to build cell walls, and increases tolerance to many things. I've heard tell that grasshoppers prefer plants without silicon.....don't know how their sniffers work. So far this year, I've had zero bug damage.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Floopydoop View Post
      A Silica additive to waterings can help with heat stress. This has been a really strange year so far tho. And I lived thru 2020. I use Silica Blast, but there are many others. It's supposed to replace what the plant would use to build cell walls, and increases tolerance to many things. I've heard tell that grasshoppers prefer plants without silicon.....don't know how their sniffers work. So far this year, I've had zero bug damage.
      Thank you! I'll definitely give it a try. We have those leaf hopper things (can't remember exactly what they're called) that are super fast and like tiny grasshoppers, so maybe they'll hate it too 🤞

Comment

Well dang old genetics with timing outdoors it's what happens, i moved out to soon last summer and had revegg on all of mine full colas of flowers then longer days and back into veg they went. Yep know it well, sorry for your dilema. Personally i'd leave them out just move to a shady area if it's not much trouble but mine are sitting in 85-90's F watered everyday nearly. Silica and kelp helps. I'm in black plastic pots so you know those are warmer than fabric. I drill 12 good size holes in them also. Springtails jump an move fast. Best of luck
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

They look great to me. That's normal behavior for older fan leaves. Once the plant decides it's done with them it eats them and they fall off. Cannabis is very self cannibalistic. If you have the option of leaving them under the best light source you can find (sun). That's exactly what id do. Wish I could use the sun.

Comment

The days grow shorter it is not to early for flowers to start on many hybrids/strains. Most of mine have at least preflowers and they are changing fast.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X