Small Update, looking good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Update, looking good

Made a post on here a few months back asked just wanted to give an update on my first time growing.

The original 4 I planted are still going with the Blue Dream in the middle of flowering right now.

Since then I’ve planted 3 more and they’re booming in their 20gal bags. Between the Blueberry, White Widow and Blue Dream they’re about 30inch tall in their 8th week with topping them each just once about week 3/4. Pests haven’t been much of a problem but I do occasionally spray with a neem oil and peppermint soap mixture to be sure.

I get about 14hrs 30min of sunlight right now and water every other day if it doesn’t rain and probably add nutrients once to twice a week when I can. Been having some yellow leaves at the bottom especially the bigger fan leaves. I just increased the amount in the feed to 5ml/gal of Grow Big and 20ml/gal of Big Bloom to hopefully help with that problem. Still deciding if I want to top the big 3 again by next week but not sure if I should just let them grow out from here.

First start was troublesome but this new batch I’ve learned a lot and hopefully by flowering time it’ll be smooth sailing.

I topped mine sat but only some not many I start working on the bottom up now until flower i would let them go look a little light u got cal mag

Comment

• Mrnobody3
      Mrnobody3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just have the Fox Farm Trio right now but I can always pick up some Cal mag if that would help the yellowing. Any suggested brands?

Be sure to nix the neem oil in flowering. There may indeed be a bit of a deficiency - if there is, it doesn't look too serious. Also, be sure and remove dead leaves from the top of the grow medium because that attracts critters you don't want. Try top dressing these girls with worm castings every so often to stimulate quick recovery and bodacious growth. Good luck with your grow. A 20 gal pot can hold a monster plant and I hope you get 'em.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Mrnobody3
      Mrnobody3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! And as soon as the one should it was flowering I didn’t spray with neem anymore. I just spray the other plants and around it on the ground that’s all. I see Spog suggested Cal mag to help with any deficiencies so I may try that to help. And removing the dead leaves I didn’t know but I’ll get rid of them then.

Oh yeah I just added budswel topping I mix it with my compost dirt I will add another layer in September

Comment

I add cal mag after I give them newts seems to be working well I would think what brand ur using has a cal mag supplement

Comment

Just a quick update from last week. I appreciate the advice for adding cal-mag as that and upping my nitrogen amount. Leaves definitely got better in color and also all my plants looks like they are ready to begin flowering very soon. It was supper hot last week so all of them were getting a gallon of water a day but luckily this week is cloud and rain so I can get a quick break.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Great recovery Mrnobody3 leaf look very healthy, nice little friend you have in pic #1 love me the mantis

They look nice and healthy to me u mentioned the heat I started armour si this year a tip from some one on here if it becomes a problem check it out same brand I'm using g o

Comment

• Mrnobody3
          Mrnobody3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely will. Went with fox farms because I found a supply store that had them super cheap this year. Definitely have different plans for the next time I grow and the supplies I’ll use.

I don't use fox farms

Comment

Another weekly update/question.
          Plants are growing strong, almost grew a foot tall in a week, 2 are about 4ft now.
          They’re definitely in flower mode but I’ll start counting those days next week as well as switching over their nutrients to fox farm tiger bloom added to the mix.
          I’ll start gathering supplies for harvest soon like scissors, humidifier gages, magnifying scope for trichomes, etc.

Now my little test subject of Blue Dream in a 3gal bag has been flowering for almost 10 weeks (showed it’s start of flowering in the first week of May unfortunately). Now I haven’t checked out the trichomes but I wonder if it’s safe to say I should spend the next 2 weeks flushing her out just by the way she’s starting to look. Any advice on that or anything else would be appreciated as always.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Man i would have to look at the trichs if they are more clear than cloudy not mature still throwing out white hairs then no, i'd need to see a close up of the ripest. You got a jewlers loupe 30x or greater?

• Mrnobody3
            Mrnobody3 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal not quite yet I don’t. Will be ordering something this week to help get better pics of them since I know I’ll need it soon. I’ll let it keep doing it’s thing and will continue to update though!

Hey, you're looking very good there sir! IMO you may be early to think about a flush. I believe she has a few more weeks to go as the buds are just beginning to fil out so she needs nutes yet and your level appears to be just right. Happy pharming !
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Mrnobody3
            Mrnobody3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Alright that works for me. I know this one was going to have an abnormally long flowering anyway so I can be as patient as needed. Thanks!

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, she looks like Sativa dom and they do flower longer than Indica for sure. Patience is key...you'll shoot yourself in the foot if you don't exercise it, lol!

• Catfish22
            Catfish22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Another good reason to have a couple indica autos going. It's much easier to be patient with a jar full of northern lights buds in the cupboard!! 😁

Back with another update a few quick questions, and more pics!

To start all plants are still healthy and growing. A few over 4-5ft and majority in flowering as well.

First question: 2 of my first plants I started back in March (Gelat.OG and Blueberry) have shown some pistils but not fully in flower while on the other hand the younger batch started in May (Blueberry, Blue Dream, White widow) are all full fledge flowering for about 2 weeks now. I know plants will do what they want when they want, so I guess I should expect a later harvest on the older ones?

second question: my small full fledge flowering Blue Dream has grown 3 much larger collas out the sides and are budding as well. I have no problem with that, but the leaf structure is strange to me and I tried searching but haven’t found any other examples. Anyone else seen something like this...Time for pics

Comment

Was out of town for a few days and had a friend take care of my garden. So the friend didn’t to a “great” job of watching them. Was able to water and feed for a few days while I was away but one of the days he forgot to PH the water and as you can tell they didn’t like that at all. Took as many unhealthy yellow leaves away as I could.

It’s been heavy rain and wind as well so I sometimes move them under a tent to prevent them from getting too soaked.

My nutrient feeds haven’t been the best but this week when I get a chance I’ll be back to feeding more 15ml Big Bloom FF, 5mL/gal of FF Grow Big, 10mL of FF Tiger Bloom, and 5mL/of cal mag as I’m sure the rain will have washed away all the nutrients They had left.

Also spotted some brown pistils but I’m sure that’s from the heat whenever it’s not raining as it does get around 88-95 degrees around here still.

smaller plant has bud sites I swear look ready for harvest so I’ll have my magnifier coming in soon to see if part of the plant needs to be chopped down. Have a few supplies ready for harvest and just waiting on more for the bigger plants.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I would shake those trunks and branches a little bit if you see moister on them. Yes the curling of the stigmas/hairs is normal aging you want those really plump buds so just wait it out they will get fatter.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X