Moving a plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving a plant

Ok friends I have a plant in a pot it's get about six to several hours of direct sunlight I had to move it outa of the way for a little bit now it's in the shade still in the heat but no direct sunlight it's about nine weeks old still waiting for sex will it be ok for a week or two with out direct sun?? Thank u please help me new at this all advice is helpful

Hood420 it will be a fine in the shade. You just don't want it in the dark or you will force it to start flowering. I have a couple plants in my window that only get about 4 hours a day of direct sunlight and they're doing fine. When the daylight time start getting short that's when you need to start worrying. I sent you a message on ways to find out what sex it is sooner than later. Not sure if you got my message?

Comment

Hood420 if it's a photo it needs long sunlight hrs 6hrs in sun. I have to water 1x day with mine i'm in Oregon mine are showing pre flower now but mine are 3-4 months old maybe more?? No it won't be ok for 2wks without sunshine it will weakin the branches without light. Guess what shorter days are coming real soon. Where ever you are check your farmers almanac times google it. You want to sex it put it in the dark for several days real dark may take longer to show. Then it will try an flower or grow balls.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal Hi Neighbor I'm right up the way from you. I'm in Washington. These two have been in my windowsill from their start because I was out of room in my veg tent. When I finally got room just never took them from the window sill . 4 hours of direct sunlight a day from about 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Then the Sun goes behind the house. Hood420 put it in the dark let it show its sex and if it is a female and you're not ready for it to flower then you can reveg it but it's an ugly process. Or you can take a clone from it put it on a 12-12 light cycle and it will show the sex within a week. Just my two cents. Good luck happy growing
        Attached Files

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          This will also set them 4 weeks behind, 2 weeks to flower and 2 more to reveg.

It's doing good the only difference im having is at night it useally looks like it is sleeping but now it just stays normal no drooping leaves at night I don't know but other than that it seems to be okay

Comment

Just keep an eye on it. If it looks like it's not doing well then you have to adjust. Like I said before mine get four hours direct sunlight but they at least get 4 hours. Also I do feed a little heavy since they don't get a lot of sun. The two girls on the windowsill will be going in the flower tent and the next two to three weeks. If I keep anymore on the windowsill I will have to put a light next to them because I don't want them to go into flower. I will probably keep a light on 24/7 just to keep them in veg. I run a continuous grow so I have different sized plants everywhere. LOL also agreed that the less Sun it gets the less healthy it will be. Agreed on the Farmer's Almanac if you're going to be growing outside. Right now where I'm at I've got 15 hours and some change of daylight every day. And losing I think a minute and 40 seconds every day? You have to be careful on your light cycle because you don't want to stress out your plant too much. The more stressed the longer it's going to take for it to recoup. Sorry it's still not showing its sex. Take a cutting off of it put it in a glass of water stick it underneath the light for 12 hours on 12 hours Pitch Black. Within the week you'll if it's male or female. Wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted. That's how we all learn.

Comment

The plant seems to be fine no unusual systems but the branches are getting full and the surger leafs are getting big should I prune the surger leafs

Comment

This is a old one I'll try to update
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's a New picture
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Trim what suger leaf???? She's not in flower.

Im new at this I thought the big leafs were called sugar leafs how do you know it's a she

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
                DeadlyFruit commented
                Editing a comment
                The big leaves are called fan leaves. Sugar leaves make their appearance after you are in bloom and are called that because they have white sparkly looking trichomes. When you trim after harvest you throw away the fans and keep the sugar leaves to make edibles and the like. They are much smaller, usually just a single finger sticking out of your bud, although sometimes you see tiny three finger leaves.

With regards to sex, it is difficult to tell until the plant starts to bloom. There is an article on GWE that talks about it, I would suggest you give that a read to start. You could also search the forum as there is a metric ton of questions on the subject. Not sure if you mentioned where you got your seeds but if they are feminized there is very little chance they could be males (not impossible but very low chance). If a feminized seed starts to get male traits it is more likely a hermaphrodite than a true male, but unless your seeds are from an unstable genetic line that usually just happens when the plant is stressed.

I just took this picture now any opinion
              Attached Files

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
                DeadlyFruit commented
                Editing a comment
                It actually doesn’t look too bad, although a little bit more spindly than I would have thought. Is it a sativa? What type of light does it get? Grow light/window light/taken outside daily? If you are relying on light from a window that might explain it. There usually isn’t intense enough light that way to get any sort of harvest. I am a bit surprised Larry1’s plants look as good as they do from window lighting.

Deadly fruit thanks on the info im talking about the leafs that first come in then the branches do I trim those so the branches can grow better?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                No that plant won't tolerate any leaf removel in my opinion. At 9wks only thing would be to top it, count from bottom first leaf branch up to the 4 nodes branch and remove the top portion. It's going to take a long time without strong lighting to have anything come off of that plant. Please educate yourself with the basics on this site it tells you everything simply and it's made for new growers. We take growing weed seriously here most older growers do, were happy to help but certain standards you can't fudge on.

• DeadlyFruit
                DeadlyFruit commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree with bud gal - the only reason to remove foliage, aside from topping, is to increase airflow and light within your plants. In your case you don’t have a bushy plant, it is pretty sparse. You would want more foliage rather than less.

I find that the leaves on the main stems, where the branches grow in the point where it connects (growth node), help bootstrap the early growth of that branch. I usually keep those leaves even when my plant is bushy. I will strip off the ones towards the bottom only after the plant is growing strong and only to allow a space at the bottom for air flow. If they are not blocking air flow and not in danger of dragging on the ground and getting wet when I water the plant then I often leave them. The tutorials tell you, when mainlining, to clear all foliage below a certain point when you top the plant but I think it is better to leave it on for a while to help with the shock of topping the plant.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                One has to remember these big leaves feed the plant and store nutes for future use (when the leaves yellow they are being eaten).
                Inside I trim for light, outside I trim for air flow (no leave may touch another).

Thanks guys this plant was giving to me in a plastic cup I have no idea what strain or even where the seed çame from it was in very bad shape when I got it my mom is in bad health and smoke's for the pain so I got it for her thank u and I am taking this seriously im here to get advice and it's been a great help thanks

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal has given good info, get it in the sun! Light is food.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X