Bud rot- the dreaded foe has shown itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud rot- the dreaded foe has shown itself

NO! The harvest is about 2 weeks away and the weather is terrible. Been hot, and very humid, like 80-90%, temps 75-90. No AC available to bring down the humidity. The dreaded Bud rot showed up today. Cut it immediately. All fans running, everything in the tent I can think of is being done. I have raised the lights, and dimmed them in a last desperate attempt to avoid any further rot. So Do I Try and brave it out, or take the plant now. Except for raising the lights and dimming them, Not much else I can do to improve the environment. So I guess I just wanted to vent and look for moral support. Stick it out for a while, or cut them now?

5x5, coco/perlite 70/30, 3 gallon cloth bags, GH trio n cal mag, DTW, SF 4000 12/12.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

I'm so sorry this is happening alot seems like indoor and outdoor. I don't have any big good answers with bud rot or bud molding i have just removed what i could find (it's only outdoor my issue with it ) try and get it to a harvest at least cloudy. This is such a shame.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Dang, sorry. I do not have experience with this yet. Two weeks from harvest = cloudy trichs? I'd probably cut and run. This year will be remembered for its bizarre weather. Good luck!
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I lost three or four buds off my bag seeds autos before I harvested them over a week ago. Outdoors Rh between 80 and 95% for the last month. Rain every day for last two weeks. Never seen a summer like this. Crazy. Hope you get some Amber before you have to chop.

Comment

I'm stoned and non-scientific minded but would a Large container of rice or silica or whatever that's in dessicant bags pull out humidity, if you changed out the containers for fresh ones and dried out the others, in between changes?
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

It is supposed to be in the low 60's to mid 70's and 85 to 100% humidity for the next 3 days. Going up to the girls soon to give some water (ironic) and check them out today. By the trichomes, they really need another week, but if there is more rot there this morning, I guess I will be in harvest mode for the next few days.

Comment

67*F, 87% humidity, going up to 100% for the next 24 hours. Found more bud rot. I guess I am taking the crop early.

Comment

I have used "Trifecta Crop Control" for bud rot, it is pricey and claims safe to harvest, all natural, did I say its pricey?
                I noticed no off taste in the harvest, no harshness, it took care of the bud rot in a wet year. I also put fans on them (yes outside) clipped off everything within 18" of the ground and thinned the leaves for air flow. No one likes spraying their buds, but if its between getting or not getting I choose getting. One might also cover them from rain.
                Good luck!

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also go out after a rain and give them a shake, mornings too.

I have a friend who is a big out door grower and after it rained and was cloudy and humid he would spray H202 3% at 3ml per gallon of water not sure if this would cute your problem but maybe stop it or help prevent any more bud rot?

Hope this helps

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X