Oh boy... are these boys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy... are these boys?

They have looked female until I set them to 12/12 to flower just a week ago... Today, I find this...

Look boyish to me
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• ladygoldfish
      ladygoldfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Both of them look male?

Both male ladygoldfish
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I swear, I can't win. Everything I hatch ends up being a male. I want to call that dispensary and give them a piece of my mind for their "free seeds with purchase" turned into over a year-long nightmare. (when you order feminized seeds, they should ONLY include feminized for their freebie) I've got the growing down, finally, however I have absolutely nothing but a LOT of expense to show for it and a lot of seeds. The 5 feminized I purchased were crap. 3 never germinated and the 2 that did were sickly and dwarfed on me, producing less than 3.5g between the 2 of them) And yes, I used an overseas site recommended here.

Well, they won't go to waste. I will juice the leaf and compost the pulp. The stems I will put into a jar of alcohol for 3 months and see if it really works as an arthritis spray.

'Guess I'll dig into the jar of seeds and try to start over. Maybe 4th-time will be a charm...?

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you inform the overseas seeds supplier? They sent me two replacement packs, received in a week in the US.

• ladygoldfish
        ladygoldfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Pug. I should have contacted them but didn't. However, I decided to give them one more try when they began sending me email specials. I ordered 10 Chemdog fem seeds and they sent 2 more bonus seeds from 2 different kush's, this time, fem.

...Then, they didn't show up! They last landed in Chicago and never left. THIS time, I contacted them and they resent the order and I got it in 2 weeks!

I get to start over for the 5th time and nearly 2 years of trying.

Should always start more seeds than you need. Even with fem seeds just in case some don't germinate. Also maybe try starting seeds a different way. With regular seeds your always gonna have 50/50 ratio of male females. If growing environment is not good I've noticed you get more males.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Also you thought you had females but you should not go by shape alone of pre flower. If you don't see a little hair poking out you can't be sure it's female.

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not necessarily a 50/50 deal. About 50% will have to be female but the rest can go either way. Like you mentioned, the environment at around 4 to 5 weeks plus the conditions the seeds were made in helps determine the rest. I've done two grows with regs and got about a 4:1 female to male ratio with two different varieties in nearly identical grow setups.

Congratulations! I'm mean I'm sorry that sucks. I had a bunch of males in my outdoor grow last year and I was pretty disappointed.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X