Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    BTB, she is 19 inches on the tallest colas, though the majority of buds seem to hover around 16". The four main branches that were formed from my 2nd node topping stayed lower at about a foot tall. I'm already thinking that on the next grow, my training is going to probably be a little stricter, so that I can get an almost even top canopy...which will help with making the CFL lighting easier to adjust, given my setup. 🌻🌿🌻

• Beach_Town_Brit
    commented on 's reply
    That's great stretch Rockman, how tall is she now? 24", more?

• One.love4:20
    replied
    Yeah I'm glad I have some experience and stuff now I'll do good on the next one. I'll for sure get fem seeds or a female clone next time. I read that post about telling sex and the way it was growing I thought it was female but nature can be tricky. I'll be looking at the root system at it to see how it was doing in the pot as well. I'll post pics when I start up again.

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    So sorry for that...you were so excited with your first grow! 😒 At least you got some experience with cultivation, and I'm sure when you get started on a new one, you'll be super pumped to make it succeed. I'm assuming you'll be learning how to tell sex at an earlier stage. GWE site has great info on that, and of course many forum pros will always help if close-up pics are provided. Hope you can get going soon...fem autos seeds are a favorite for me.🌿

replied
    Rockman I have some bad news. I went on a trip and came back and saw that my baby turned into a male and I have no more use for it other than educational purposes. I knew it could be either since it was a rescue and I didn't know much about it so time to start all over it was such a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    replied
    I'm thinking Swissy will take possibly 2 more weeks to develop the buds fully, now that she seems to be finished with the stretch. And the real fun begins as she flattens up! 🐸 Still not much aroma, though I suspect that the trichome formation will change that.

Leave a comment:

• bobsakamoto
    commented on 's reply
    i was just curious cuz i thought maybe with the training you do really spreading it like you do, outwards outwards that maybe then the root structure would mimic that....like some varieties of oaks do. just curious, don't go to any extra trouble.

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    You're doing great...keep this rhythm going! 🐸

replied
    For sure rockman I was hesitant removing more leaves as I already did a big trim a few days before switching to flower but she is growing very fast. I might pull some of those off those I'll post more updates as it flowers

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Jibberjoe! Before the last two grows I was allowing plants to grow pretty much without training. Thanks to great growers like Green75, I saw the benefits of a strong training style, and now I can see me continuing to experiment this way in future grows. 🐸

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Nice, she is looking real solid in growth! I would suggest removing many of the leaves that are blocking your light from reaching the expanding buds on the lower parts of the colas. This has helped my grows at this stage to pump up the buds. Don't go crazy though...just open it up a bit...get rid of large fans.....the girl doesn't really need all those leaves at this point. You should be in for nice harvest! πŸ˜‰
    I topped Swiss Cheese as an experiment at the second node, and this allowed me to keep her main arms very low and spreading out. Seems to have worked well so far! 🌿

• Jibblerjoe
    replied
    Looks good, I like yo style.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sup rock man that auto flower is looking very nice. Did you too it really early to get it to grow out like that? I switched mine to flower start of this month and it's doing great can't wait. I did a final trim and it's just so dense up top hopefully I did it right and get all fat buds.

Leave a comment:

• rockman
    commented on 's reply
    Honestly haven't observed a difference in how extensive roots were between untrained and trained autos....but I will definitely be making note of upcoming grows with this in mind...since you brought up the subject! 🐸

• bobsakamoto
    commented on 's reply
    so just to clarify bc i'm literal like that....the root structures of perfectly trained (up top) autos fill your 5 gal pots whereas non-trained autos' root structures don't? or not as much?

i know you love your chirren, rock, you don't need to convince me of that

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X