best height for flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best height for flowering

I've always thought the bigger the plant the plant the better, people show 7 and 8 foot outside plants, but I'm reading some claims that shorter plants produce more potent buds, and of course the down side is smaller plant smaller yield, but I would rather have a plant that makes 2oz of kick ass weed than 5oz of so so weed, I have some outside plants in pots that I can put in flower mode any time, what is the optimum height to put into flower stage

One meter for me but what's important is the duration of healthy veg state. My flowers are veg'd for at least 6 weeks, sometimes up to 3 months. If the plants are manifolded they can be as short as 60cm when I flip to flower. You can see in the photos below, the plants aren't that tall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	192
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	524029Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	186
Size:	396.0 KB
ID:	524030Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	170
Size:	690.7 KB
ID:	524031

Comment

I like short 4 to 5 feet tall and 5 to 6 feet wide I do this to keep the canopy level so they all get the same light ,also they are less likely to be seen . How big they get can be controlled by pot size the bigger the roots the bigger the plant ,I expect this plant to be 4 to 5 feet tall and the same wide the rest are in time to show your grow
      I would read the tutorials here on GWE they will tell you everything you need to know and dispense with all the myths
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

It's all about the training on most plants especially photo period. I like to grow 6ft or under an do train my outdoor so i can manage them better i'm a senior an don't do monsters anymore too much work but big rewards. I'm happy if i get over a pound each summer for personel use. But i grow indoors also during fall-winter. Photo of last summer grow not impressive cause of revegg an smoke/ash from wildfires. I see much better outcome this summer with my outdoor girls but it's still early and we got a wildfire going on again.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

beautiful plants, I can see from plants I need to top more. I get most of my info from GWE, but sometime when I have a general question I still google. So a grower says he flips to flower stage at 2 feet and sometimes 1 foot to get 1 big bud, my plants are already 4 feet and still in the veg stage, gonna flip today, so is it true the shorter the plant the more potent the buds?

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
            PeterMatanzas commented
            Editing a comment
            Quote: "is it true the shorter the plant the more potent the buds?" - no, this is not correct. I've never heard this claim before. IMO it makes no sense.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Alot has to do with the light reaching the bottom of the plants to the top. Spread them out use LST low stress training 4ft pretty tall hope you got 10ft ceiling cause those may stretch a foot or more un-trained you may have to bend it over like a shepards hook attach to something, pretty big for indoor show a pic next time vindar this will be interesting for all.

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got 12 ft ceilings? I had a photo mess growing, with help from here I topped and trained and got a strong well-yielding harvest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X