Yellow Leaves Nitro or heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Leaves Nitro or heat?

Hey. I need some guidance. First time grower here, I’m growing two plants on my roof and some of the lower leaves on my plants are getting yellow. It’s been extraordinarily hot this summer where I live and temps on my roof could be as much as 100 degrees at peak. How can I tell if it’s nitrogen deficiency or they are stressed from the heat. I’m afraid to give them too much nitrogen. Thoughts?

Yes remove them from the roof when it's that hot. I do roof top grows also but never let them be up there when temps above 85f. I'm not doing them this year thankfully, it's 125f up there this summer way to hot.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NJNovice26
      NJNovice26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks. Did you just bring them inside? How long did you feel comfortable keeping them out of the sun?

I bet you can add 20* to that temp, it gets hot on the roof top, and that heat is reflected back up to them.
    Welcome to GWE.

Comment

No i don't bring them indoors from outside. I just take them down from the roof put them in a shaded area and move them back into the sunshine in my yard. I have to water eachday in temps above 90f The pic are of some photoperiod only ones i'm growing outdoors this summer. Normally i'd be growing perpetually continuious in an out but not this summer no indoor way to hot alot of care needed. These are between 3-4months old. Another month perhaps i'll see preflower maybe sooner? MJ slows down growth over 90f what i've experienced so got to shade alittle bit, i baby mine.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X