Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be starting my next seeds, to veg while these finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be starting my next seeds, to veg while these finish?

I could've grown 5 plants in the closet. The Ruderalis NL Runt & the Lowryder Lemon are both 12 weeks, 3 days from seed. The Runt is reaching for 4 inches. The Lemon is trying to creep above 5 inches. Chewy is at 6" and climbing, it is 9 weeks old or better, adjusted for the twin separation. Disregard the yellow leaves, last night's water/feed was almost two days late.

Seeing as these don't have too far to go should I plan to start photo seeds soon in there to start vegging? Closet is on 18/6 light schedule. They can sit on lower levels at first and get light but not as intense.

Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

I would be starting if that's your plan. Like you said " not as intense " hay now LOL you have a visitor
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I watched that deer eating the mulberries right of a small branch. They dropped earlier this year. There was a huge doe coming up daily a few weeks back. Yeah, I NEED to try to grow my Wild Thai for pain, and I have White Widow fast photo seeds. Might as well start a couple of each in Solo cups or Peat pots, then transfer to medium pot, see how they do. If one Thai plant gives me trouble I can at least take clones from the other instead of using up seeds. If I start them in July then two months is mid September, temps should be lower, the time changes the next month (are they still doing that?) I could harvest the WW fasts before the WT sativa finishes. I have the KIngLED panel and the full spectrum. With my closet configuration two that size/shape are a better fit than a square panel. Would you suggest getting another full spectrum light so they're both the same? Prices are OK right now. The KingLED panels would be good backups or one could go into another closet if needed. Is there a record for the smallest auto??

Getting close to harvest hey ? Check the pro series from Viparspectra, they were on sales here in Canada, maybe also in the USA. By the way nice doe !! So you got some Wild Thai beans ?

Bonne semaine toi !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bonjour Farmbuck The P2000 is $150 before tax, size and weight are good ... do they really run that much cooler? The quieter part would be nice, and a more precise dimmer. I didn't plan to spend most of my dogsitting pay on lights but if you're going to do the work might as well reap your best, eh?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Salut toi Puglover1 look my ceiling in the "grow room" is about 10 feet high. Not sure about your closet. I keep my P2000 at 24 inches all of the time at 100% so maybe for your situation you may want to dim it around 60 % for the first few weeks if you decide to purchase it.

Remember I have 4 grow lights and yes it get real hot inside of the room but I try to keep a safe distance between the lights and the canopy. Let say the fans help a lot to cool off the room

I wish I could be more helpful but I have only one grow under my belt with the P2000. Maybe SoOrbudgal could give us her opinion on how hot is with her P2500 non ?

Just telling I'm happy with it so far...

PS look at the P1500, maybe that's the one you need.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck I would need two 1500's. My space is 5 x 2 x 8' high. It says 4' x 2' flowering space for one P2000. I need oblong vs square design. Thnx.

LOL Puglover1 sister i'd win that one had the dwarfist ( somehow that don't look right on spelling LOL ) anyhoo last summer with some shitty autos my word they were 5grams LOL kinda purty but shit grow same strain all shitty seeds. Did i say shit enough?? Heck i don't know about time change our Gub-nor did something, said something way back about not doing a change but i don't know if that happens this fall?? I'm cloning off my outdoor Gorilla Glue #4 got 2 for late Sept. veg them good long time and only run 2 under that P2500 just to see how big i can get with just 2 in there. GG#4 were not big plants last indoor grow could of been my doing but gal it's a great sleep aid and gut inflammation reducer i've not had much issues with the diverticulitus since i've been retired an smoking daily. I had the same surgery as " Da Pope " took out 18" 12yrs ago.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Than runs on my mom's side. I had a Crohn's-like bleed once from a pancreas med, no fun, long recovery. When I stopped at the dispo Monday they had GG#4 but the budtender thought I'd get more indica from it, I was seeking sativa for fast breakthrough-type pain. I've bought GG#4 before, can't put it on a fave list but maybe homegrown would be better. Everything I bought for 4 years that I know works/helps is rarely if ever available now. Green Lime skunk; Sweet Island skunk; Kubbie Kush; Wild Thai; Humboldt Wildfire are 5 that are saved in my search on the menus. I want more Face Mints and South Beach, I should look for seeds. Citral Glue is not too bad either. I think my autos are an example of Seedsman freebies - hit or miss. I bought and planned to grow 3 Gelato autos, and bought the WT seeds for winter. I got a galvanized metal 3' x 4' x 1' H raised garden bed for $40 delivered. Next year it's going where my compost area is, more egg shells in that dirt than anything and worms galore plus all the other foods and yard waste. Whether I grow produce or weed it'll be a great spot, next to my shed, I could hang cover if needed.

I'm not talking yield, but, were your dwarves 4 inches or less in height? I can't see that runt growing much taller at this point. Lemon seems to be better, so much frost pics are hard to view the trichs on the buds. I hoping Son of Sam's NL keeps stretching some, it has the best potential ... even when I dehydrate it on accident.

I been reading about that South Beach killer strain they say. Well not that small but under 10" tall. Most others i've grown got way bigger/taller these were less and only 3 seeds thank goodness. I totally understand you wanting what's working for you. I've grown several lemon skunk autos and did that Thai outdoor last year she was a photo, not your strain but some Thai it was a traded clone, really fluffy airy bud but lots of it. No i don't think your auto will grow in height she's just what she is now. GG#4 lots of indica which i like for my medicine. This other new strain i've got is that peanut butter breath suppose to be a good indica also, it was a trade for some clones. I've grown some haze crosses also.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

SoOrbudgal I read your sig about your soil but do you know or suggest ... when I want to tx to regular pots I was thinking of trying something that's good for a while without adding nutes. People use several different kinds, and I have enough GH Trio nutes left that I don't want to buy more/different right now. I'd like to have a bag or two of growing medium here before I need it. I have blocks of cc, bags of perlite, vermiculite, lime and other amendments to mix together something for seedlings. It's during veg time that I'd like to make watering easier so I can spend more time monitoring, controlling the growth. Thanks.

I totally prefer indica, obvi since Mag is an Iranian indica landrace. But sativas work for fast-ramping pain, and Wild Thai is a sativa landrace. I guess landraces are my medicine and hybrids are my fun.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal How's the heat on your vipar 2500? I'm looking at a P2000. Thnx!

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Guess I'm old school, I like the purity of the old strains... hybrids are ok !! But I prefer landraces like Kali Mist, Afghani, Nepal Highlander and of course Red Lebanese. For me I associate Indica as Hash kinda of strain type.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmbuck we mesh there. The landraces are getting harder to find. I'm old school, if it works it doesn't need to smell or taste like food, or be called food names. I bought a s/s pollen press but haven't loaded it yet. I need my old school ceramic hash pipe back. I think you'd like Mag. Hopefully it'll make a nice disc or two of hashish, I need to weigh the kief but my scale needs batts.

Chewy is stacking buds. The Runt's two mushroom-top buds are getting hard, I might chop those off next week to let the inners ripen. I dripped a drop of molasses on a lower sugar leaf on Lemon, it's catching trichs. I really think the hooks helped, Lemon's lower branches are growing slightly longer and the buds are ripening, frosty. I cracked a top branch a week or so ago - no tape, heal thyself. Lot of accidentally-dehydrated leaves. Still trying to decide if it's a love or hate relationship between the cat and Liam.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        The runt's look just about ready there Puglover1 get to trimming up that big gal LOL just messin with ya. I think if your space closet is long enough for that P2000 enough space between walls an unit for air movement you'd be fine it's a powerful light very bright but quite as can be at least my P2500 i don't even notice it running at all.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal I was going to comment about trim time being the alternate opposite of the first time. I can pull those dead leaves easily. I have to laugh at those miniature plants, it's so ridiculous. I fell asleep one evening last week, went to bed not feeling well. Remembered the plants/watering at 4 am but decided to do it in the morning, then I forgot three times. They got watered before midnight, thank goodness. And they're ready again today. I've poured over the enlarged pics here, trichs have clears and some cloudy but nary an amber, and not many pistils haven't darkened. Underneath those dry purple leaves there is bright green growth. I might have to pick at the Runt and let what's alive underneath grow a bit longer. There's not much there to hurt or ruin. Lemon has the most frost but I just stuck my nose in every plant and they don't smell like anything. I'd hate to think that my wild first grow will be my best ever. I was looking at your light, the XS2000 and the P2000. Difference between yours and mine is like $20-30. Difference between XS and P 2000 is $50. The XS is 1/4 lb lighter, better warranty, size is almost exactly the same.

I have the P2500 not XS Puglover1

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I meant all three but left out punctuation, or worded it wrong.

I worked on the plants then watered and fed them with everything except pH up. When I took them off the shelf and onto the floor the cat snuck under the bed and was peaking out from behind me. I think he thought I laid out a smorgasbord for him, honestly. I'm happy that I used the hooks again to pull the stubby bud branches outward, I cleaned out dead sugars, and recently dead small finger leaves that would've rotted. Must've had steady hands bc I cut off any ugly leaves that were expendable, some that were covering buds, and some more dead inners, without cutting off anything good. Laid the topped branches of Chewy back down bc a couple of the new shorter stems/buds were starting to get confused, they need to orient toward the light for a few days. The branches will pop back up. Used two hooks to keep the 'pinwheel' pattern bc some lower branches were covering nearby buds. They look better, have better light coverage, it's cooler tonight, the AC isn't running dehydrating the house. I added the 4th fan for more air on the deserving plant(s) but I need to get a piece of PVC pipe cut, in place of the closet rod. The rod is two big dia. for the fan clips and a shower curtain rod keeps turning on the brackets. I could screw the PVC pipe into the closet rod bracket holes.

What size PVC pipe is usually used, or is best in tents? I will probably locate my tension rods to put in the 2' depth, sides or middle, for fans when I really need them. Hopefully osc floor fans will go on sale soon, I try to buy off-season in anticipation. Thnx.

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't comment on diameter but get pvc electrical conduit, they have it at lowes or HD. It will be grey, 10 foot lengths. Important: it comes in schedule 40 and 80, get schedule 80, it has thicker walls than schedule 40 and will hold up better as a hanging rod.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        TYVM Catfish22 !

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly ... and the dogs. The Bad & the Ugly are 3 months old today. No ambers. Lemon, apropos, has the most yellow leaves. All the weight is on Chewy's shoulders now. Happy Slurpee Day! It's rainy, cooler and gloomy here today, yay for coolers.

Pic #6 - are those 3 'moons' on the R in the pot trichs flying through the air??
      Last edited by Puglover1; 07-11-2021, 03:57 PM. Reason: Added a question

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like the pug got into the stash LOL

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal That pug has a rare disease, has to be vegetarian, always hangry. He'll will eat anything except bugs or cannabis, he loves Cottonelle as much as some humans like caviar or filet mignon.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL ya mean the toilet paper Puglover1 OMG

Let me guess, your Northern Lights is the Good non ?

Bonne semaine à toi @Puglover1
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Il y a deux aurores boréales, monsieur. Mais oui tu as raison accidentellement. passez une merveilleuse semaine, restez au frais.

Catch this. I have a class action settlement coming, supposed to be $800+ and I chose PayPal so that I could transfer the funds to my checking account. I paid my bills and planned around this - car repair cc payoff. Got an email, it's settled $893.xx USD however the choices are an Amazon GC, Target GC, Prepaid Mastercard or a plastic mailed prepaid card that can be cashed out at ATM/bank but with fees. I know, it's nice money. The light I ordered has shipped. I could've gone whole hog on that instead of using my Discover card for 2/3 of the vipar. Won't know the plastic card cash out fees until tomorrow, then it gets snail mailed. I could have the $ in my amazon acct right now. Not really bitching but you know ... the best laid plans and all. Other than the credit card all but one of my monthly bills are auto-debits, and you can't pay a credit card with a credit card. If I had $900 in my amazon acct you know what would happen, fast. You can't get cash/ATM with the prepaid Mastercard. Fingers crossed that my bank won't rape me too bad to get cash from the plastic card. I want my PayPal, I already gave my acct info and docu-signed for this. Then I got an email from another law firm that said the payout could be up to $5K. IL has great laws for facial recognition technology violations, I had an acct with many pics of my face in it. I need to order bigger bags and FF for the photos, this makes my model cars (miniature autos) not hurt as bad.

Comment

SoOrbudgal Yup, the tp. He has a Twitter acct, he's well known to Cottonelle's Twitter acct. OMG it's pouring rain so hard here right now I think it'd almost put out your fire up yonder. My car is getting washed well. Last time it rained this hard was Mother's Day and I was sweeping basement water from 4-5 a.m. The water won, I went back to bed. This hasn't happened for years, we had a "50 year flood" two years in a row, 2007-2008. I lost 3 crates of LPs, record albums. That still pains me but I learned how to arrange storage down there. After last August's derecho my basement is FUBAR, I was sweeping water toward the floor drain in May and it was flowing back at me. Waiting on an engineer/insurance for that. I really do have a Murphy's Law cloud over my head.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope nothing but heat and wind, everything is just burning up. Now i'm glad my raised beds are not planted but i have lots of dahlias and other tender flowers that get the water. I'm going to buy fresh veggies from the farmers markets. I have tomatoes in 15gal. containers they are giants i'm tying them up to stakes. No rain in near future, but suppose to get down in the mid 80f by the weekend. That's so cute about your pug LOL

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm happy I didn't waste money on container veggies for the deck this year. Be burned up or drowned by now. I bought a metal raised bed for next year, hopefully.

I looked through two months of pics, the Runt started turning ugly on 6/27, pistils disappearing, sugar leaf tips browning and curling, not due to watering deficiency and it was never too close to the light, not tall enough. I rotated which pots were under the full spectrum lights until this plant turned sour then I just put it under the blurple LED and let the others have the full spectrum. Runt has been next to the little humidifier for a while but you couldn't tell by looking at it. Lemon was underwatered in July, its top 3-4 buds have pretty many dark pistils and they also looks like few white pistils.

Both are 91 days from sprout, both have lower buds that aren't ready. Lemon might not get amber trichs. I'm trying to decide if I can chop the 3-4 top buds from Lemon and let the rest finish later ... but what about flushing? Same with Runt, those two top buds aren't amber but they're tight, with growth underneath that could finish later. Thoughts? Advice?

For my photos - Are 7 gal bags big enough?? New light arrived today. When I pull the pots to work on switching lights I need to clean the fans, shelves and floor. I've got FF in my wishlist until needed or a price change notice. I need to shop for the PVC pipe and look around the gardening center, after I inventory my shed for plant saucers and whatever else I might find useful.

Whether I start seeds in the A-G, cups or peat pots should I tx to medium pots or straight to the final pots? I need to start these soon, I have what I need. Thnx.

Comment

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, IIRC that Lemon from Seedsman that I did never had a lot of ambers either.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Catfish22 I was reading about Lemon, it is probably about done on top. I'm still baffled by the Runt's pistils mostly disappearing, after I clipped off two top, old fan leaves. Watering later today, would I flush a bit before taking off top buds that are done while letting lowers finish? I did that with my first, photo grow, but there's no comparing the two. Giants > midgets.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal Are 7 gal bags the best size for indoor photos? And can I go from cups to the bags or use a medium pot in between? My first photo grow was started using info from a Frank & Rosenthal book I bought in 1979. I need to spend the weekend cleaning the closet, setting up the new light and starting seeds. Thanks!

If you can fit those in your closet sure they would be great. I don't have 7gal i just use 3-5gal fabric for mine. Everything i take into consideration on how i can handle them, how much weight do i want to lift?? How old i want them to be before i flip the lights. Next indoor run will be 4 clone photoperiod. They for me take more time initially to get them trained and groomed. I will run 2 GG#4 2 Peanut Butter Breath. The more i read about the latter the more i want to keep the strain, so with all the growing these gals are doing and shoots they are making i could not help myself but i'm going with probley 3gal. fabric maybe 1 5gal. ? I bring mine in and out of tent till they get too wide to carry through doorways to the bathtub where they get big watering.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was looking at vivosun's, the dims on the 7 sounded like the pot size I used last time. I'll have to measure, it's dark and looking ominous outside right now. There isn't a lot of difference: 5 Gal. Fabric Pot: D12.6" x H9.84"; 7 Gal. Fabric Pot: D13.98" x H10.24". My closet is 24" deep, the diff in diameter is less than 1.5 inches. If 5 gal works for you maybe I'll try those. Do you plant from cups then into the bags? I used to be able to pull my pots out, before they were yoyo'd. My grow closet bedroom has an attached bath with a wide shower so if I moved them to water it wouldn't be far. I don't think I'll be needing the strings in there for drying for a while.
          OMG, I was looking through the patio door at the sky to the NW, saw a deer right behind the welded wire fencing in my backyard fenced area for the pugs. Wire for the irregular ravine edge, wood on the sides. I hope they can't jump over 6 feet from a downward slope. They are much more unafraid this year, I love seeing them rollick as if us humans don't exist nearby. I've only heard of PB Breath on this site, hope yours is yummy. I'm doing Wild Thai, WW fast and still thinking about that Mag seed. Thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X