Leaves turning upwards towards light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves turning upwards towards light

Ok so this does not seem to be a problem but I'm hoping experienced indoor growers can confirm or dispute. So my plants are healthy and green and doing awesome. I usually check on them a couple hours after lights on. As usual they were fine and looked great. Tonight I decided to get a few last photos for reference about ten minutes before lights out. I noticed the leaves were pointing up towards the light, which I have never witnessed before during the day at any time.

Is this a cyclic pattern the plants do on their own? Sort of getting ready for sleep phase?

First photo is normal, next two are "upturned"

They have been flowering for just under 30 days.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

They are saying "we love the light"!! It can be a sign of light stress but mine do it a lot and I just watch for any other signs.

You can go on you tube and see 24 hour time lapses of cannabis plants.

Here is a pretty good one.
    Last edited by Catfish22; 07-03-2021, 07:25 PM.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish22 View Post
      They are saying "we love the light"!! It can be a sign of light stress but mine do it a lot and I just watch for any other signs.

You can go on you tube and see 24 hour time lapses of cannabis plants.

Yeah they look fine otherwise. Mostly happening with the biggest one in back whose branches are closest to the light. About 12" from the vivosun2000 led grow light on 100%
      I suspect it's a pattern they develop. Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences

Thank you!

Comment

You may want to back off the nitrogen a little as i see some clawing going on and super dark green leaves (last pic specifically) which can indicate the beginning stages of nitrogen toxicity. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...rogen-toxicity

Other than that plants reaching to light can be normal unless you get cupping (different than clawing) which means the light is too intense. Remember flowering plants need less nitrogen than vegetative plants!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I second that what is being said here.

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
        You may want to back off the nitrogen a little as i see some clawing going on and super dark green leaves (last pic specifically) which can indicate the beginning stages of nitrogen toxicity. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...rogen-toxicity

Other than that plants reaching to light can be normal unless you get cupping (different than clawing) which means the light is too intense. Remember flowering plants need less nitrogen than vegetative plants!
        I will check out the nitrogen levels, but I haven't added any substantial nutrients in their lifespan. Gave them a very dilute solution of miracle grow one or twice but I'm talking very dilute. You could hardly even tell the water was blue. Thank you for the input though! One more thing to check which means one more thing I can teach myself about this process. I have some potent seeds on order I don't want to muck them up.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          You just don't want to give them much N in flower it's the PK that MJ needs more during flower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X