Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoflower yellow leaves at week 7

Hi,

My autoflower plant is in week 7, roughly about a week ago, the older bigger leaves started to turn evenly yellow, now the upper smaller ones seem to follow slowly.
    Any ideas? Mg deficiency?

Also, about 50% of the pistils already turned orange. Is that normal at week 7?
    Last edited by Tom81; 07-03-2021, 06:02 AM.

We need to know what setup you are running. Grow medium, strain, nutrients, pH, RH, it is hard to trouble shoot with just symptoms.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Tom81
      Tom81 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for your message.
      it's soil with 30% perlite, Dutch Passion CBD Auto White Widow, cactus feed 4-6-8 with Cu, Mn, Zn, B. Ph is around 6.8-7.
      Added Cal+Mg 2 days ago for the first time.
      Temp around 27-32 C, RH trying to push down to around 50% with aircon.

That all seems pretty straight. Indica strains can be cal-mag hogs. If you just started cal-mag I would give it a chance to work. Also let your pH drift within 6.5-7.5 to allow nutrient uptake.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

It's expected to have yellowing leaf at 7wks from older fan leaf. I'd clip off those big fans with yellow it will also help with airflow but just take a few for now.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This is the beginning of Week 8, been feeding cal+mag starting 6 days ago but the yellowing of the leaves is getting worse.
        Could it be not enough Mag given? PH measures around 6.8.
        Or does it look like something else?

Also the leaves are curling down.
        Any suggestions would be appreciated.
        Last edited by Tom81; 07-06-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

your plant is beginning to mature, nothing to worry about

Comment

• Tom81
            Tom81 commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks, yes I thought of that but I mean there are still 2-3 weeks left till harvest and at this rate there will be no green leaves left by then, is that really normal?!

Day 50 - I was gonna start flushing at this point but maybe I should wait a few more days in case the yellowing is caused by N deficiency which seems to be accelerating. Any thoughts?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Tom81 remove those old yellow leaf not feeding your plant get rid of them. It is cause by N deficiency catus food is only good for so long..............you could go longer had you gotten some bloom food for MJ.

Part of the problem I think is I was feeding only 25% of the recommended dosage of the cactus feed that has only 4% N.

Anyway I fed it once again for the last time - see what happens. And removed some leaves.

Comment

Beginning of Week 9 now, gave a last dose of boom feed 6 days ago which seemed to slow down the yellowing a little.
            Does it look okay to start flushing it now? I'm a bit hesitant as it probably needs another week or 2 to finish.

Also, the tips and edges of a lot of leaves are brown, could it be light burn? It's a Viparspectra P600 95W (equal to 250W HPS) at 48cm (18.9in) away from the buds.
            Last edited by Tom81; 07-14-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Not light burn Tom81 the plant is eating through what's remaining in her once green leaf. All nutrients are used up from soil an soon by her. Now look at the trichomes Tom that's another clue how close she is.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

At this point, trichomes are about 25% milky 75% clear so it definitely needs a few more days I think but the leaves, large and small are all dead basically except for a few small ones around the buds.
                Not sure if this is normal with autoflowers or it ran out of nutrients too early?

Comment

looks done

Comment

This has much more to do with strain rather than auto or photo. My photos looked a lot like that a week before I took them. Most of the fan leaves gone and sugar leaf too at the end. My Critical Mass strain had almost no amber at all but 80% milky. I never flushed but I'm using coco. I left them to dry in the pot a few days before I cut them.
                    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                    make pH correction unnecessary
                    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X