Bud stacking up or down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud stacking up or down?

I read on the main site...somewhere...I believe in an article by Nebula...about how some plants do the flower stretch and then fill in the space with flower from the top down. Kind of backfilling. While others add flowers as it stretches. I'm probably not wording that quite right but I hope someone gets what I'm driving at. My question is whether there is a way to predetermine which way a cultivar may set about making flower. Bottom up or top down? I'm thinking that if one could know in advance it would help with controlling the canopy versus light issues early that so many have in late flower.

I hope that made sense to someone.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Well all i can say is top of canopy starts first for my outdoor when building the bud sites.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you tend toward Sativa or Indica when you grow outside SoOrbudgal?

Originally posted by OlderNOTwiser View Post
    My question is whether there is a way to predetermine which way a cultivar may set about making flower. Bottom up or top down? I'm thinking that if one could know in advance it would help with controlling the canopy versus light issues early that so many have in late flower.

I hope that made sense to someone.
    It makes perfect sense. There are strains with documented phenotypes and that's the only way you can tell. I very often don't know WTF I'm going to get and that's part of the allure of growing.

EDIT: that's the only way you can tell if you're planning a grow. I'm talking about selecting seeds only.

Comment

More Indica Catfish22 although not pure strain but more dominant indica side. All my 4 photos are indica dom dames LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Genetics are fickle, in my experience...all <2 years of it. My answer to your question is whatever the plant decides. I have four Photo plants and two Auto at the moment. The Autos are Fastbud's LSD-25. One is short, with beautiful dark purple buds with white pistils. The other is taller, with a skinnier profile than her sister.

They are 50 and 52 days old, although I'm not certain which is which. Both had the same the same amounts of water and nutrients.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BR2K; 07-09-2021, 02:25 PM.
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got a Dark Devil auto. Let's just say the pheno I got looks absolutely nothing like the picture that Sweet seeds provides as an example. It is tall and skinny and twice in its existence I swore that it was about to die and didn't. It's only starting to make bud and no color but green is there to be seen.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          UndergroundFarmer Have you seen my NL auto that's almost 11 weeks old and only 4 inches tall? Ruderalis heavy on that one. Seedsman freebies. Lemon is the same age and 5 inches tall. Lowryder #2 heavy on that girl. I have a 3rd plant, NL 9.5 weeks that looks like it has some potential. Not so sure about growing these autos again unless I try one outdoors next year.

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been following the autoflower training thread, so yep.

I've also got a freebie Seedsman NL auto in the same tent that is about the same age as DD. She seems to be the pheno Seedsman hopes everybody gets. She's a bit over three feet tall and in her fourth week of flower I think. The other two autos I've got are a Pink Kush CBD and a CBDV 1:1. Pink is gorgeous and nearly done, CBDV is OK. I'm guessing the CBDV is derived from Durban Poison by the very sativa shape.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X