Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portable AC unit in grow tent- good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoklahoma
    replied
    I tried one when I first built the the grow room. It didn't work out for me. The exhaust vent (duct) radiates quite a bit of heat so keep it short. I am running co2, it sucked the air out of the room like an exhaust fan. Replaced it with a thru the wall a/c after a couple days. Sold it to a friend for his grow and he thought it worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    replied
    I used a portable air conditioner in my 8x8 and it worked fine. I say if you have the space and are venting it outside, then go for it. The only thing I will mention is to maybe try and find a filter for the exhaust. I didn't have one on mine and every time I was outside on the same side as the window it vented out of, I could smell it. Luckily I live in Colorado where it's legal, but if you don't I would recommend trying to find or make a filter for it.

Leave a comment:

• Vicmattice
    replied
    I put a 5000 btu in my 8x8 which is in my garage here in arizona and it works perfect, keeps my tent 78-82 all day and with water bucket and fans humidity stays 45-60.. i did awhole thread on here somewhere..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stahlherz420
    started a topic Portable AC unit in grow tent- good idea?

Portable AC unit in grow tent- good idea?

I don’t have the money for an in-line fan yet, but I plan on getting a grow tent soon, would hooking up a portable ac unit inside the tent and putting out the air by hooking it into a window (not like one that can only sit inside a window, it’s on wheels and stays inside).

I feel like this would be better than my current setup, which is an almost completely unventilated closet which is impossible to hook up any kind of relief from the stale air into it. I think doing this will allow my plants to get tall and thicc like the plants I see on pictures, whereas all my plants never get more than 2 feet high and the fan leaves are never bigger than my hand. They look nothing like the gorgeous indoor setup pics on Reddit where all you see are massive leaves.

Do any of you guys use a portable ac unit for ventilation? Does it work?

Thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X