White bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White bugs

Finding a few little white bugs, almost transparent, looks like some sort of mite.they don't fly, they kind of hop.
    ​​​​​​Any idea's what they might be ?
    remedy..needed?
    Thanks

Pictures will be the easiest way to identify, but it sounds like springtails. Are they in the soil? Jumping around after a watering?

Comment

Yes, that thought came to mind. Appeared after watering. Is it a concern?
      thanks
      A

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Probley from the soil need picture of problem Alex3579 seeing any nibbles?

Sounds like leaf hoppers or thrips.
      But as others say picture would help.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I'll put a watchful eye next time I water. I think you're right they're coming from the soil when I water. If so are they going to be a problem,?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3579 View Post
          I'll put a watchful eye next time I water. I think you're right they're coming from the soil when I water. If so are they going to be a problem,?
          If they are springtails, they’re actually quite beneficial and won’t harm your plant.

If it’s absolutely infested I might treat the top soil to keep the numbers low, but my experience with springtails was super positive. They stay in the soil and just work their magic.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X